[APP] - version 4.22.+ ( 03/2023 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2024, 16:16:25

slarti76

Quote from: freischneider on March 25, 2024, 17:33:48
Quote from: Graf Geo on March 25, 2024, 14:37:14You can still do this. Simply start the route planner directly instead of "Navigate to", then you can select the starting point on the map.
Use plan route by instead of navigating.
Thx. Not quite the same, because the "Navigate" button becomes the "Save" button and now one needs the detour through the menu. But better than adding and removing points.

Still, as written before, best would be to just have "Delete location" on the 3-dot-menu when "Waiting for GPS" is shown...

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 19, 2024, 04:42:25@menion "Missing Select from screen > why do you miss this option? You do it directly in Route planner - picking from the map screen." https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74953#msg74953 - I couldn't quote you because the topic was locked.

A few times while testing the new offline route planner I wished there was the option. For example (even in writing this reply) the route planner now shows bottom panel "+ Select start" & "+ Select destination" > I tap Select start > and here straight way I have no option to select an ad-hoc position on the map? Isn't this sufficient reason, and consistent with other places where "Select from screen" is unhidden?

Yes, as you say in your later post https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74958#msg74958, I can tap the map direct, but once the user has displayed the "Select location" list, for whatever reason, I don't see a reason not to display the method.

I agree, the same for me "A few times while testing the new offline route planner"
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
missing change GPS start location > all was already suggested, so just one more note. "Navigate" should be still available in the Route planner main menu.

I'm thinking if your use-case should be used by more users, but starting navigation NOT from my current location does not make too much sense to me, sorry. Why you should do it? Prepare the route before you ride (with "Plan to") or once you are out to start navigation immediately (with "Navigate to").

@lor74cas
while testing ... hmm, give it a while please, if this option will be really useful. I still think, it isn't. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on March 27, 2024, 08:15:15@slarti76
missing change GPS start location > all was already suggested, so just one more note. "Navigate" should be still available in the Route planner main menu.

I'm thinking if your use-case should be used by more users, but starting navigation NOT from my current location does not make too much sense to me, sorry. Why you should do it? Prepare the route before you ride (with "Plan to") or once you are out to start navigation immediately (with "Navigate to").
Well, as I wrote, I do it at home where GPS can be insufficient. Especially in winter, I would start navigation before I go out into the cold, and of course I want to see where Locus is taking me, and possibly edit it. Which I also don't want to do once I'm out, with gloves on.
So it's not starting from another location then the current, it's specifically when you don't have a GPS fix and need to manually tell Locus where you're starting.
  •  

Tapio

Menion, one thing to consider. If navigation is already active and we press the "Navigate" button in sidebar, the current ui makes no sense I guess. I think it should start the route editor in "re-route" mode (like when you click re-route on a track). Or stop nav,idk.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

Menion

The new beta version 4.22.2.1 was just generated with a bunch of very interesting changes.
Have a nice weekend, we have four free days now, so excuse me and enjoy sunny days!

@Tapio
good point, thanks. I'll think about it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Thx - "Completely new image gallery" - where?
  •  

loudini

Hallo,
habe die Beta auch installiert um das neue Tool zum laden der LAB-Cache auszuprobieren, aber seitdem stürzt Locus immer sofort ab und ich bin wieder zurück zur stabilen Version von Locus Map.

Gruß
LOUDINI
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: Tapio on March 28, 2024, 20:19:14Thx - "Completely new image gallery" - where?
I think it's about attached photos for points. Previously, they were displayed large when clicked, but not fullscreen. But in the new beta.

Another issue: In the new beta, the LoRouter profiles are displayed mixed up, mostly in English and partly in German. (Language setting German). Previously they were all in German.
See screenshot.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

slarti76

HELP!

I decided to move my main directory to Android/media - it first looked good, then I got the sad droid picture with "Whoops! dDS, code: 12521", and now I can't start Locus anymore. The same code appears all the time, after a toast "Restoring unfinished transfer of the main directory".

What can I do???

I updated to newest beta, just in case.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on March 29, 2024, 00:31:47HELP!

I decided to move my main directory to Android/media - it first looked good, then I got the sad droid picture with "Whoops! dDS, code: 12521", and now I can't start Locus anymore. The same code appears all the time, after a toast "Restoring unfinished transfer of the main directory".

What can I do???

I updated to newest beta, just in case.
Ok, I solved the problem by connecting the phone to PC via USB and finishing the copying manually. After that it worked again flawlessly.
There were actually uncopied files, but no indication what kept Locus from copying them itself.

Anyway, I'm a computer expert who knows how to do this, but for others this would be a very bad outcome: No clear indication what happened, no remedy, Locus just broken. I assume re-install could help, as then Android would delete remaining files in Android/data, but, well, that would be data loss.

Menion, any idea what the error message means, internally? A more descriptive message would already go a long way, perhaps with the tip to manually copy with computer in case this repeatedly fails.

Anyway, no need to interrupt your Easter holiday for me ;)
Enjoy your (long) weekend, everyone!

Tapio

Quote from: Graf Geo on March 28, 2024, 21:16:43I think it's about attached photos for points.
Ah OK, I don't use them. But I noticed adding an attachment (jpg file) to a point doesn't work.
I hope Menion still considers showing a bigger preview, as discussed, for geotagged photo display.
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: Tapio on March 29, 2024, 10:16:32But I noticed adding an attachment (jpg file) to a point doesn't work.

I can't confirm this. No problems when adding a photo to a point. Works as always.
SG S10, Android 12

Diddi

The presets seems to have been gone
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Graf Geo on March 29, 2024, 11:33:44I can't confirm this. No problems when adding a photo to a point. Works as always.
Works now as well. A temporary hiccup, idk.
  •