Download WMS Maps?

Started by LostInSpace, July 28, 2011, 06:28:37

LostInSpace

anyway to download maps from a WMS server I added on the WMS tab?
  •  

Menion

answer is few posts above topic you already read ... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=570&start=20#p4958. No need for another topic
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

LostInSpace

Unfortunately that topic only discusses viewing WMS maps.  I want to *download* WMS maps (that I specified) for offline viewing - just line downloading from an online map. I cannot find this feature in the latest version of locus.
  •  

Menion

i wrote there "no this is not possible. Everytime you enable/disable any layer, url to server has change, so it will always be different image. So no caching is enabled for WMS maps", same for downloading
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

alfred123

The OpenGISĀ® Web Map Service Interface Standard (WMS) provides a simple HTTP interface for requesting geo-registered map images from one or more distributed geospatial databases. A WMS request defines the geographic layer(s) and area of interest to be processed. The response to the request is one or more geo-registered map images (returned as JPEG, PNG, etc) that can be displayed in a browser application. The interface also supports the ability to specify whether the returned images should be transparent so that layers from multiple servers can be combined or not.