'Crash' on WMS

Started by MarcVI, February 07, 2024, 17:56:33

MarcVI

Where should I be looking to solve this:
Since last updates of Locus classic and/or Locus 4 (Afa from the Locus's Google drive), I have a 'crash' every time I activate and deactivate any WMS map. In both apps.
I say 'crash' but in fact my screen immediately turns black and shows the lock screen after a while. When I simply double tap it without having to unlock, Locus is still showing correctly but the screen tint has changed to cool.
I use both apps but not simultaneously.
On a OnePlus 8Pro on Android 13.
Very annoying!
  •  

Menion

Hello,
could you first share the link to the WMS map, so I may try to simulate it? Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

MarcVI

•  

Menion

Oki, thanks. I see no such problems.

May you please write to me here your ID visible in the menu > About app > App info > "User ID". Thanks
  •  

MarcVI

•  

Menion

Thanks Marc,

unfortunately in our automatic crash-reporting system, I see no report from this ID. Weird. Have you tried to simply remove these maps from the map manager and add them back?

Maybe this is not a real crash and because of it, it is not reported as a crash.
  •  

MarcVI

Locus (classic or 4) is indeed still open when I simply double-tick the lock screen = it does not restart. That's why I had put 'crash' between brackets.
I had removed and re-added the WMS links before opening this thread.
I had cleared caches.
I had restarted my phone...
Nothing helped

However

I think I just found a clue:
I have set Locus to hide the top and right panels after 6 seconds.
The 'crash' appears if I hide/close the WMS while the panels are still visible.
No 'crash' when I wait for the panels to disappear and then close the WMS.
It looks like closing or modifying visibility of a WMS clashes with hiding the panels... or vice-versa.
I indeed have set the panels to automatically hide just a couple of weeks ago so that the problem never could have appeared before.
Can you duplicate that?

EDIT: wrong conclusion. See my next post.
  •  

MarcVI

Correction to my previous post!!!
It makes no difference if the panels are visible or not. The crash disappeares if I switch-off the automatic hiding of the panels completely.
Sorry for the confusion!  :-[
  •  

Menion

Hello Marc,
thanks for the detailed description. I've tried to simulate it on two devices and no success so far. I can't find any reason why this should happen.

Only what we may do now is create a big crash log by this method. In the log are registered all system events and also some messages from the Locus Map. So there is a chance, there will be something useful.
So please try to simulate this issue and as soon as possible after it, try to create a bug report. Thanks!
  •  

MarcVI

Bug report mailed.
Hope there's an indication of what happens.

Thanks anyhow for your prompt actions sofar!
  •  

Menion

Hello Marc,
thanks for the log. I'm trying to find out something useful there, but there seems to be only a lot of similar system logs

OplusFeatureTemperatureLimitBrightness: new parameter! gear = 0 set reason = menion.android.locus.pro@temperature@33@normal brightness = 10238 package = menion.android.locus.pro type = temperature temperature = 33 priority = normal rate = -1 HadDragPoint = false mode = 1

that seems to be some automatic system control of display brightness. I'm sorry, but it looks like a special problem on your OnePlus device. If the solution is disabling the auto-hiding of certain panels, please use it, because I have no solution on this issue. Thanks for understanding.
  •  

MarcVI

Thanks for your assistance anyhow!
Feared something like that.
I see no change in behavior after trying all sorts of things in the settings. Also tried to switch off the auto-brightness of my display. No change. The 'crash' now even appears occasionally when NOT auto-hiding the panels.

I will (soon) check this behaviour on the phone that I use only to fly my drone.
  •