[APP] - version 4.21.+ ( 1/2024 )

Started by Menion, January 23, 2024, 13:53:25

Graf Geo

Quote from: Menion on March 14, 2024, 14:39:30@Graf Geo
Problematic red warning circles > firstly, thanks for sharing the track, it helped. I've made some changes to prevent this issue. Anyway, I'm curious if you did anything special when you planned this track. Because it has on almost every segment (between two shaping points) duplicate points at the start and at the end, that caused this issue. Can't imagine how this happened. You wrote you've used an online Route planner right?

No, route was planned in the app's route planner with LoRouter offline. But I see these duplicated start/end points when I zoom in to the red circle. I created a simple test route with a few shaping points. See screenshot. In the shared track it's shaping point 5:

https://link.locusmap.app/t/z5sqv3

I did nothing special with this route. I only set 6 clicks = shaping points and saved. Then re-open it in route planner red circle appears on point no. 5.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: freischneider on March 16, 2024, 13:26:53Select location" screen here it could be helpful to add the "Select from screen" item.
@freischneider you just beat me to the same suggestion - thanks.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@T-mo
1. I also do not see any issue with the popup menu. I'll be watching it, thanks, but seems not to be a critical problem.
2. this is a problem, thanks, fixed!

@Graf Geo
Problem with not-refreshing address > ah, a side effect of performance optimization. Thanks, fixed!

Missing address for via-points > fixed, hopefully.

Incorrect times when saving > "Overwrite" was the key! Thanks, fixed

Red warning on fifth shaping point > hmm, hopefully also fixed.

@freischneider & @Andrew Heard
Missing "Select from screen" > why do you miss this option? You do it directly in Route planner - picking from the map screen.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on March 18, 2024, 09:40:09@freischneider & @Andrew Heard
 ,,Vom Bildschirm auswählen" fehlt > warum vermissen Sie diese Option? Sie können dies direkt im Routenplaner tun, indem Sie auf dem Kartenbildschirm auswählen.
I know I don't need the function. But I think all the ways to select a location should be offered on this screen.
It's not easy for a beginner.
He chooses "via Point after // then on "select stop" // then he is on the screen.
It would be helpful to have this option there.

PS:
the name "select stop" is still an old name. Now "select via Point after" ?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Graf Geo

@Menion: Great that some of my mentioned problems could be fixed!  :)

Quote from: freischneider on March 18, 2024, 12:34:26PS:
the name "select stop" is still an old name. Now "select via Point after" ?

You mean the entry in the list? There again "select via Point after" would be nonsensical. Perhaps "select location" or "select position" would be better.
SG S10, Android 12

Menion

The new final version has been published.
Topic: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8809.0

I do not want to delay release for another week, so let's use a final version. Of course, work on the planner is not yet finished and feedback from the real-world testing is very welcome. Thanks to all. Your help had a major impact on the current solution!

I have to say I do not fully agree with adding a "Pick on the map" option to selection dialog. It should be clear (also thanks to the hint), that user may tap directly on the map.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •