[APP] - version 4.21.+ ( 1/2024 )

Started by Menion, January 23, 2024, 13:53:25

Agus

Quote from: Menion on March 11, 2024, 09:25:15@Agus
missing estimates with BRouter > values very valid for you? This was changed because of this. Do you have enabled "Include navigation points"?

Sorry for not responding sooner. For me they are valid but I think GraphHopper's estimated times are more correct than LoRouter . The navigation points are included.
  •  

Menion

General notes
There are more modifications, mainly to keep the bottom panel hidden when re-routing or restoring the previous plan. "Inverse route" added into menu + bunch of other various improvements. Thanks a lot for your opinions!

Beta version MapGooglePlay_4.21.1.5 RC_1125_beta published!

@Agus
thanks for pointing to the missing times when using BRouter. The issue was that BRouter used the old system over GPX files. I've changed it to use an identical system to the internal LoRouter. Even way types & surfaces are visible now  ;)

@Graf Geo
Problematic red warning circles > firstly, thanks for sharing the track, it helped. I've made some changes to prevent this issue. Anyway, I'm curious if you did anything special when you planned this track. Because it has on almost every segment (between two shaping points) duplicate points at the start and at the end, that caused this issue. Can't imagine how this happened. You wrote you've used an online Route planner right?

Missing error messages > thanks a lot. It was not an intent. Fixed.

Error 10103 > this is weird because it means a problem with the internet connection. This should not happen here. I've not seen this before, so hard to help here. Are you sure you used offline! LoRouter? Even in the case of online, this does not make sense...

@freischneider
sorry, but your description is too complicated for me. Should be possible to record a short video with this issue? And agree, some generated instructions between manual segments, hmm should be doable.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Agus

Quote from: Menion on March 14, 2024, 14:39:30General notes
There are more modifications, mainly to keep the bottom panel hidden when re-routing or restoring the previous plan. "Inverse route" added into menu + bunch of other various improvements. Thanks a lot for your opinions!

Beta version MapGooglePlay_4.21.1.5 RC_1125_beta published!

@Agus
thanks for pointing to the missing times when using BRouter. The issue was that BRouter used the old system over GPX files. I've changed it to use an identical system to the internal LoRouter. Even way types & surfaces are visible now  ;)

Hello Menion. Thanks for all the news.

What parameters does LoRouter use in the estimated time? I am referring to the LoHiking profile.

Why are the estimated times different?
(See screenshots)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on March 14, 2024, 14:39:30Beta version MapGooglePlay_4.21.1.5 RC_1125_beta published!
Resolving of address for every point in route planner, resolve route direction, both beautiful.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

freischneider

Route created with 4 shaping points.
Shaping 2 has no turn-off indication (2-3 manual segment)
Change shaping 2 to turn instruction.
After the change, the manual segment is automatically deleted and the route is created completely differently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wS2pByLRkjxS2iuPYl5KiGSy2xyUhw2b/view?usp=sharing
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.21.1.5 - the EXPAND/ COLLAPSE seems a nice compromise @menion. Having just 1st & last point in the collapsed list is a good idea.

The left button toggles area/ distance, the right button toggles itinerary/ elevation; can I suggest tapping the 2nd left estimated-time button displays the same as "Estimated travel time" from the Route menu? And maybe in future the "Type" drop down list just has own custom list instead of types mostly of no use ;-)
You cannot view this attachment.

Could even the remaining two icons become buttons too, and link to display of the full track elevation like in track details? Then viewing slope would finally become possible! Just a dream.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Agus
Estimated time > this is complicated. This method was created in times when BRouter time estimates were unreliable. So this is completely independent of the router and considers only a distance and elevation of the route to compute estimates. It also inserts breaks to snack, launch etc. For a long time, I've been thinking about two options:
- completely remove this method, because LoRouter & BRouter times are good enough
- keep it and improve it to support full customization. I know this will probably be more wanted here on the forum, but it is a lot of work and as I wrote, time estimates are now much better than years before.

@Andrew Heard
Expand/collapse > inspired by the web planner + improvements by @marek to display first/last/+all via-points.

Top panel time > click to display "Estimated times" > heh, check my answer to @Agus ... I'm still not sure about it. To avoid confusion, this needs some improvement.

+ I've added "show chart" button, same as in track detail, to the UI.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Agus

Quote from: Menion on March 15, 2024, 13:14:51@Agus
Estimated time > this is complicated. This method was created in times when BRouter time estimates were unreliable. So this is completely independent of the router and considers only a distance and elevation of the route to compute estimates. It also inserts breaks to snack, launch etc. For a long time, I've been thinking about two options:
- completely remove this method, because LoRouter & BRouter times are good enough
- keep it and improve it to support full customization. I know this will probably be more wanted here on the forum, but it is a lot of work and as I wrote, time estimates are now much better than years before.

Thank you for your response.
It is confusing to see two different estimated times on the same route.
Keeping it and improving it is a good idea. I use this website in case it helps.

https://traildweller.com/hiking-time-calculator/
  •  

Graf Geo

Thanks a lot for last beta version 4.21.1.5
Lot of improvements!

"Navigate to" menue:

"collapse" position now is better, maybe not optimal but hard to find a perfect place.

Still funny values in ETA after recalculating a planned route. This happens always. I fear this never will be fixed.

I'll keep on testing.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

T-mo

jippy, inverse route direction - ideal for routing back based on the existing track and re-routing

• route planner: hitting the 3-dot-menu moves all controls up, like a white or invisible bar would appear, see screenshots. Seem nothing related with android-standard-controls/navigation-bar (currently don't know the right term) as those correctly appear as overlay
  • route planner: selecting shaping point, then opening location-coordinates or location-menu and then cancel or back without any changes still seem to trigger a recalculation-process, green popup 'Process successful'
  •  

Graf Geo

@T-mo:
Can't confirm first issue (hitting the 3-dot-menu moves all controls up). On my device the size of the window remains the same.

Second issue: confirmed, same behavior on my device.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Graf Geo

Incomprehensible display of entries in route list. I create a route with the route planner. All shaping points show the correct address of the location. Great, I like that! (Screenshot 1)

But when I modify the route, it gets weird:

I drag a shaping point to a different position. It keeps the address of the original position. (I would expect the address to be updated.)

I add a via-point (add via-point after) and select "screen centre" under "select location". The via point appears in the list with the coordinate and not the address. This remains the same when I toggle it to a shaping point.

I then drag a small red dot between two shaping points, which creates a new shaping point. This is only named "shaping point" in the list.

By editing the route, I get a funny mixed list with shaping points with the correct address, shaping points with the wrong address, shaping/via points with coordinates and shaping points called "shaping point". This is confusing.
(Screenshot 2)

BTW: "collapsed" leaves via points always visible, only shaping points are hidden. That makes sense. 👍
(Screenshot 3)
SG S10, Android 12

Graf Geo

And then I would like to take another look at the nonsensical times given for the estimated track time in the route planner. I'm sorry if I'm being annoying.

I'm planning a route. The routing engine is LoRouter. The route time is displayed (halfway) reasonably, in flat regions approx. 5 km/h is assumed.
So for a 10 km route approx. 2:00:00 hs. I save the route.
See screenshot 1.

Then I open the route again and recalculate it with the route planner. After saving (overwriting), a nonsensical 5:57:26 is now displayed.

I then recalculate the route in the route planner for the 3rd time. At first, the sensible value is displayed again (1:59:09). After saving, an even more absurd value is now displayed (13:54:00). Screenshot 2.

I can repeat this as often as I like, each time the value increases drastically after saving.

It doesn't matter whether I create/calculate the route with or without navigation instructions, these fantasy values are always generated.

So the problem seems to be with saving and not with calculating.

By the way: Graphhopper does not generate a route time. The field remains empty (screenshot 3). That seems to make more sense to me. Better no value than a nonsensical value.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Tapio

Address on each shaping point in route planner: needs to be refreshed on shaping point move.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

freischneider

Select location" screen
here it could be helpful to add the "Select from screen" item.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)