[APP] - version 4.21.+ ( 1/2024 )

Started by Menion, January 23, 2024, 13:53:25

T-mo

I also like the changes, the planner appears more like an overlay (floating ui) instead of a separate dialog.

I am with Tapio and Andrew reg. points, dialog, search, spacing, etc.

I guess it's more intuitive to have the marked buttons with a different color and both to be placed at the same position, e.g. both right for right handed ppl.
Undo- and Redo-buttons are placed partially underneath the banner.
  •  

T-mo

I again had to enter route planner to fully gain fullscreen-mode in general, this bug appeared some versions ago, you could fix it. I can share a video via PM later.
  •  

Tapio

There is some kind of bug, after a red triangle appeared (meaning?) I deleted all shaping points. But then every time I added a new one, the prior one got deleted. There was always only one shaping point, in red.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

michaelbechtold

Running always the latest AFA beta, I experience Cloud Sync going nuts since some time. Every few minutes it starts replicating, again and again and again, ...
Any idea, Menion?
TXs and cheers
Michael

PS: "deleting" is the most frequent message, but it has not emptied my databases to zero - yet.
  •  

balloni55

I use the current AFA
file system manager/set the main directory > screen endless "loading"
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

The list with the points interferes with the route planner. Previously you could show and hide them in the top right-hand corner. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible.
I only need this list very rarely.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Further to my last post & @freischneider I've made a video showing how hard it is to hide the new bottom panel - 5 attempts to drag down & hide - it kept on popping up. Finally got it to "stay down" - why is it so tedious? Also suggest the visibility is a sticky setting. Once LM knows the user doesn't want to see this panel, keep it hidden (as in previous version). Even better would be to remember the users preferred height of this panel & restore it next time.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Andrew Heard

Why do some Locus help topics get "archived" because then it's no longer possible to add comments? For example "Locus Map on Win11" https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/29607-locus-on-win11. Microsoft is to drop Android support on Windows in 2025 - https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/5/24091370/microsoft-windows-11-android-apps-end-of-support. So much for that idea ;-(
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

I have now tested "navigate to".
Poi opened / navigate selected
In most cases, you want to navigate there from your location.
The destination is already entered. Very good
Now comes "choose Start location"
That was not so intuitive
First I clicked on the + // no reaction
Then in the field with the text.
Now I was in the search. But where can I choose my location (GPS). I entered the location in the search. But no result. Opened the menu, nothing either.
So I clicked back. Then I tried the 3-point menu. Then I found what I was looking for.
For newcomers, this is not a very good idea. They may give up earlier.
Suggestion 1:
When you go from the "Navigate to (new)" screen to the search, a selection is displayed in the search. "My location / Other
This takes me to the "Select location" screen

Suggestion 2:
Make the "Choose Start location" line shorter. Write in two lines in one field. Behind it are 2 individual lines with text:
1. via search
2. my location / other (my location only as a symbol, otherwise it would be too long.
There may be an arrow that splits into 2

I think suggestion 1 is better and looks better too. Of course, the field is only in the search when you come from the "navigate to" screen.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

T-mo

When I search for an adress, then choose the 1 suggested and correct result/entry,  and add a point, then only name and geo-location is prefilled, any adress-field is empty. I can hit 'get adress' and get what I want, though this is somewhat lame.
I suggest to fill those fields if chosen search-entry already contains them.
E.g. 'Hermannstraße 24, 40233 Düsseldorf'
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
thanks for the valuable feedback!

Global problems reported here regard planner improvements
- click on items: now it will open a point detail. It center map + is easy to change it (via, shaping, coordinates, ...)

- incorrectly working "Navigate to"

- easy recalculating of sections > similar to the web, is not implemented yet. The main reason is that the clickable area is on the device too small, so it will be necessary to make the space between points bigger. I'm not sure about it for now.

- graphical issues with system status and navigation bars should be improved

- and many other improvements. Beta version today a little later...

I'll not comment on everything, cause you will see it in tomorrow's version.

---

@Andrew Heard
Arrow at chart panel > hmm, yes, it should be consistent. Adding to todo, thanks.

Problem with hidding of the panel > thanks for the video. Hope, that the updated version will solve this (we updated the Google library that takes care of it).

Archived topic > there is some automation, that closes topics after 12 months of in-activity. This helps to make it clear and forces users not to re-use older topics when asking something. I've un-archived the mentioned topic. Sad news, I know ...

@michaelbechtold
sync problem > and does it change anything? You may check Sync screen > toolbar > "Last update" to see if something changed.

@balloni55
maybe it just took very long? Give it a few minutes, please. Maybe some procentual progress should be useful here right? Hmm ..

@T-mo
search suggestion, thanks, forwarded to @marek
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Quotemaybe it just took very long? Give it a few minutes, please.
you are right, it takes ~8 minutes :P
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

New version MapGooglePlay_4.21.1.4_1125_beta published!

@balloni55
hmm 8 minutes. Probably a high number of files in the geocaching directory? I'll look at the option to display at least some progress... (or better speed it up).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Agus

The latest Beta version does not show the estimated time when I use BRouter.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

I like the route planner much more now, but that's probably because the new panel with the list can stay hidden now. I must admit I am not seeing its usefulness.

"Navigate to" starts with search, confusing.

Screenshot: Can't you put the "Choose location" options directly into the "..." menu? Opening that sub-window has always been a bit weird. So there the search should be placed.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest