[APP] - version 4.21.+ ( 1/2024 )

Started by Menion, January 23, 2024, 13:53:25

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on February 19, 2024, 08:54:10The share button in the title of the point returns a different value compared to the bigger "Share" button in the row of buttons. Long-click > share also gives different values and there were some other options. Simply sharing from Google Maps is really complicated and also changing over time.

Anyway, I'm unable to simulate your behavior, hmm. Does this happen with all places?
Ok, weird, I tried to record a screengrab for you to illustrate, and now I can't reproduce it anymore.
I still don't know or see any of the other "Share" options you mention, but I do know that these change all the time, so even our Maps versions might differ.
In any case, as I now can't reproduce, and there always was a workaround (do it a second time), we can dismiss this for now. If I ever find out what really triggers this behaviour, I'll write again... Thx!
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on February 19, 2024, 08:15:57The slowdown is interesting.
Could you please give a try to the V2 version on Google Drive? Thanks
> MapGooglePlay_4.21.1.2 V2_1125_beta
no more issues with V2. Thanks
  •  

Tapio

Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: michaelbechtold on February 17, 2024, 07:46:25Wow, Locus root directory on Android/media!

@Menion
And allows to backup this directory with various backup apps under Android >13 :-)

Works perfect.

Thanks to Menion
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

A13 Motorola. (No A14 experience)

Android/media is more comfortable as fewer obstacles pop up.

In Android/data, the only way to access the Locus folder is via the default Android file browser. This one is somewhat 'hidden' but the following app gives you quick access. This app functions as a shortcut to the default Android file browser.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marc.files
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mick FU

john_percy

On my phone, at least, I have to get that app into split screen mode on order to copy or move files. But it works.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

Something very weird. I import GPXs of a friend. His tracks are 2000 km away from here. On this import, Locus embeds waypoints from where I live. I don't know where Locus accesses them. Anyone?
I checked the source gpx, theres no wpt. But a wpt is inside a new export.

I have a track where it added 13 waypoints on import, it's exhausting to remove one by one.
  •  

Tapio

Look how I import/delete the same gpx file over and over again, every time there's a different number of embedded waypoints!

https://youtu.be/VIcCid6BVF4?si=WV_oU2nRgn6B8DTy

If I import into a new database - no issue.
  •  

Menion

Interesting, never saw something like this. It looks like a problem with references in the database. I'll probably need a backup of your database and problematic file ... but if the problem is really what I think, hard to say how to solve it, hmm... ::)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on February 23, 2024, 13:42:59Interesting, never saw something like this. It looks like a problem with references in the database. I'll probably need a backup of your database and problematic file ... but if the problem is really what I think, hard to say how to solve it, hmm... ::)
I will try to make a copy of this databases with as few as possible tracks (with the error still remaining) and send you the files. Will take some days.
EDIT: Sent
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Interesting scrolling in the "My lists and PQ" screen under Geocaching Tools, with 4.21.1.  Both the two headings (Bookmarks, Pocket Queries) follow the finger smoothly, but all the remaining content scrolls in a rather disconnected - discontinuous - manner.  Odd.

I have 14 bookmarks and 7 active PQs, and this happens on both my phone and big tablet.

Not really a problem, just ... amusing.  :)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
@Tapio & @Viajero Perdido , sorry, I've not yet looked on the database and issue in "GC My lists". Will try to do it next week.

Meanwhile: the new MapGooglePlay_4.21.1.3 Route Planner_1125_beta Beta version was published. Among some other minor fixes, there is a completely new system of handling shaping/via points in the route planner that should also fully replace the old "Navigate to" screen. So who wants to try, feedback is welcome! Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Tapio

I'm wondering about the usability of a). A lot of space. Tapping an entry opens search - useful?

b) Longtap a point could toggle it to via/shaping points.

c) Showing segment details on top of the list screen makes it a bit confusing. (cannot add a second screenshot, may bw because of my browser)

Andrew Heard

Overall I like the new navigation UI. Nice ideas. It ties in with the Web Planner UI. It is amazing to reflect on how far LM navigation has progressed since the first integration with BRouter.

1) I'd agree with @tapio. I don't think the default use-case when tapping a point name should be a search? From the point menu surely enough? Panning the point into view on the map, same as tapping the point icon, seems more intuitive to me. And definitely long-tap on the point icon to toggle, or display point details?
You cannot view this attachment.

2) It would be *really nice* if the drag up bottom panel provided a ">" button, consistent with ordinary track details panel, to show the full chart, and (in my case) slope.

3) 6 points in the list is taking up too much screen space - half of tablet in portrait orientation. As @tapio said it would be good if it could be more compact, and, for me, maybe 3 points are enough. Could the user drag the bottom panel to their desired height rather than a height where each user wants something different? I know each shaping point has it's number in middle of the green triangle, but so hard to see, so could the number also be included in the point name, similar to Via point name, as marked up below?

4) Could tapping on the profile icon in between each point allow selection, and changing, of the method of segment routing?
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce