New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
23. 1. 2024 - Locus 4.21.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

One of last steps is not automatic and here we have results, sorry  ::)
  •  

jonny.blue

8) I like the new geocaching live filter option ... works great. 👍

I would like to see the name of the active filter on map ... maybe in the upper bar (configurable) 😉
  •  

T-mo

Quote@T-mo
Routing data downloader - I do not perfectly understand what you want to update.
 - update of segments when "Auto-update" is disabled does not work for you?
I wanted to manually trigger an update, but realised I can only update by enabling automatic update, wait until the update happens - manually check by explorer and rd5 date - then disable automatic update.
I always manually trigger updates, everything, playstore apps, .., whatever.
Honestly the marked text is wrong, therefore marked, you cannot update segments.

See attached picture, hope this can be understood.
I just searched date of rd5 files in use, date of last update so to say.
Which segment is which rd5-file is just nice to know. Currently you got no (visible) relation between selected segment and file, you just have to know. This is okay, select and go.
Adding the available names and file dates is just a suggestion as being super simple.
As being said, I looked for dates, then for files, not given inside LM4.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: MenionInteresting, I'm playing with it and for me, size of offline LoPoints is really controlled by the "LoPoint icon size" option. Interesting...

Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow quoting from one topic to another
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8684.msg74362#msg74362

attached screen caps - left "i" is my own added point, right icon is from LoPoints(offline) > search toilet

1st screen: point icon size 90%, LoPoint icon size 300%
2nd screen: point icon size 300%, LoPoint icon size 90%

So for me, I think this demonstrates icon size is NOT altered by LoPoint icon size? Intended? The map is OAM, however I have tested & confirmed same sizes with Locus map.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

jonny.blue

I tried geocaching live in practice today (it was brilliant 8) ) and I had one more wish:
Maybe you should make the icon as green as the proximity alarm to see that a query is active.
  •  

Menion

@jonny.blue
I also think that filter is quite a nice tool :).

Anyway, toolbar > hmm, for now, what about at least info in the side Map screen content panel? Should be useful for a quick check.

Colored icon > agree, done

@T-mo
A manual update is definitely possible! Simply select the required areas, confirm in the top toolbar, and press the confirm (2) button, that's all. Download/update will be added to the app queue of tasks and will be done as soon as possible. The auto-update method only updates already downloaded segments.

Visible name, last update, etc. ... understand your point, but sorry, this will be for sure useless info for most of the users. Except for rare cases (like you) no one cares about certain files, where there is a graphical selector. I'm quite sure about it.

@Andrew Heard
agree, your screens confirm it. Logic behind in the app is very simple and this is a big mystery to me.

Hmmm as I see precisely on your screenshots ... are you sure, that the toilet icon is offline LoPoint? So the active clickable point that comes from the (attached to the map) offline database?
You may recognize lopoints by visible "Add photo" icon in the top right corner of the point detail.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on January 26, 2024, 08:29:53are you sure, that the toilet icon is offline LoPoint? So the active clickable point that comes from the (attached to the map) offline database?
You may recognize lopoints by visible "Add photo" icon in the top right corner of the point detail.
@menion - just doubled checked - yes offline LoPoint & "Add photo" icon.

A different topic, and probably an observation rather than any action needed, but I have 4.21.0 installed on device:
You cannot view this attachment.
and yet Google Play Store offers to update to 4.20?? I declined the offer. I have not seen this before, and probably tomorrow everything will be "back in sync".
You cannot view this attachment.

balloni55

Hello menion
caches saved with Locus, whether by GC code or the live map, will not display log photos even after a cache update.
The same search with GC4L shows the images in the logs
Example: https://coord.info/GC9P8NT

and a small request, can you always specify the letters GC when searching with "GC code"?

the "filter" history is meaningless, see screenshot

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Expert settings> Bearing below compass arrow/on
value is not visible for me

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Finally, after a longer time, the new Beta version. Among support and maintenance, I've been mainly focused, already for almost 2 months, on the new Data manager, so there are not many updates, just a few nice tweaks (mainly for geocaching).

---

@Andrew Heard
Icon size > it is a mystery for me Andrew, sorry. There is no reason for this behavior and I'm unable to simulate it for now.

@balloni55
- images in GC logs > they were missing, fixed, thanks (it needs to redownload caches, not just update)
- "GC" letters prefilled > done, but it is not perfect for now. Cursors remain at the start for now. Sorry, unsolvable issue for now because of technical limits
- "Filter name" > When you edit the filter, at the start is the "Name" field > it is the name of the filter itself!!. So it is not a history, but the list of saved filters.
- "Bearing below compass arrow" > ah thanks, this setting was related to the old compass arrow, which is now used only in the Locus Classic. I'll remove it. It does not work for almost three years and you are the first who complains.

balloni55

thanks for fix and improvements
QuoteSo it is not a history, but the list of saved filters.
understand ;)
is it possible to display a scrollbar if more filters are available?

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

can finally delete tracks & points from v1.41.1 web planner - thanks guys, great feature! sorry this is not the right topic but...
  •  

Diddi

Will it be sometimes possible to update a single cache or all caches in a data list, like it is possible with Geocaching4Locus add-ON? That's the only thing, why I'm still using the addon.
  •