[APP] - version 4.20.+ ( 11/2023 )

Started by Menion, November 24, 2023, 22:16:45

Tapio

Quote from: balloni55 on December 08, 2023, 18:43:39@Tapio @Jochen
for now it is enabeled after update
switch it off and it will no longer bother you ;)
I meant the checkbox to hide it completely, but now I noticed, it's already there.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

luce

Quite cool the GC live map, I like it  :)
  •  

T-mo

1122beta
'GC live map' is per default activated, so you get several  webview-login-screens and with every zoom.
I don't (yet) use it. As beta-introduction and as being your gift this nagging is absolutely ok :)
  •  

Jochen

@balloni55 and T-mo: Thank you very much for your hints. 👍👍👍
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.20.1.1: confirmed screen width fix for 7" displays - thanks

I note from https://www.locusmap.app/locus-map-4-20-and-other-pre-christmas-news/ about the opening "animation". I've never seen this on an actual device (3). Does the device need to be younger than certain age/ OS version before the animation occurs?
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Menion

Ah, damn, it's enabled. I forgot on it (had it enabled during development). Sorry sorry, the fix is on its way ...

@Tapio
it already may be available for hiding! (ah you already found it)

@Andrew Heard
Android 11+ maybe? Not sure now, but yes, some requirement is there :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Pusta

Quote from: jonny.blue on November 25, 2023, 10:11:29Just installed the afk on my S10e ...
I can start LM4 but after 3 seconds there is no movement possible: the app stops working. :-[

When I use these 3 sec to move to settings all screens are working. But the map screen forces the full stop.

On my (test) tablets the version is working.
After installing LM 4.20.1 the same problem as johny.blue. I tried to install last version of LM 4.20.1.1_1122beta . But aplication still not working good, it crashes. Phone: Samsung S10e .
  •  

Joska

Hi Locus-Team,
today, first start of new version, 3 times circle between news-screen und location pick. After interruption of this, locus starts correctly.

Samsung Galaxy Tab s6, last OS.
---
  •  

Tapio

Hi, in the Locus news I have seen there's a fancy startup animation. Not here. Is the startup supposed to look like mine?
https://youtube.com/shorts/243KfNRp8_U?si=J6L1JG85pgfPGmyv
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on December 16, 2023, 07:57:36Hi, in the Locus news I have seen there's a fancy startup animation. Not here. Is the startup supposed to look like mine?
@tapio - animation only on devices where Android version >= X.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.

I like the new routing profiles layout.  But I noticed, for cycling there's still no default profile that provides a safe route across a city, eg using residential streets and bike paths instead of major roads.  Distance doesn't matter; survival does!  Years ago I found "safety.brf" somewhere, possibly I tweaked it, and just now manually added it back to the options in Locus.  Yes, this is perfect.  Could it not be added to the default collection?  (EDIT: on some experimentation, it seems "Touring" produces reasonably safe routes.  Is this evolved from "Safety"?  It wasn't obvious to me; I don't think of my cycling as "touring", so it was the last profile I tried.)

Good-natured rant here; scroll to "cycling":  https://maphappenings.com/2023/12/07/santa-claus-list/

~~~

On the Copyright popup for LoRouter Offline, there are two buttons: No and Close.  No?

~~~

On my devices I see the startup animation sometimes, sometimes not.  It's finished before my eyes get there.  I think it would look better a bit slowed down, and if the startup happened concurrently, it shouldn't cause any delay.
  •  

Andrew Heard

• While commenting @ https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8701.msg74100#msg74100 I got this sort-of-error a couple of times when the blue navigate icon is tapped
    You cannot view this attachment.
  • While doing a Cloud Sync I got this error, which would have been helpful except there is no point mentioning an "incident ID to include while contacting" if the ID doesn't exist
    You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Menion

@Pusta & @Joska
I do not know what is the problem here, so your "user ID" (visible in the "About app") may help or a full bug report after the crash.

@Viajero Perdido
"Safety routing profile" > @Radim V

"No" button > ah, thanks

Start-up animation > if there are problems with visibility now, it will be even if the animation will be longer. Maybe @Marek Scholtz has any idea.

@Andrew Heard]
Error message in the "Navigate to" screen > in the error is clearly visible that the computed route is a one-point only line. How you did this?  :). Start and end locations are identical?

Error during sync > hmm, incident ID is required here. Could you reduce the font size a little so the ID will be visible? Thanks

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on December 18, 2023, 08:20:27Error message in the "Navigate to" screen > in the error is clearly visible that the computed route is a one-point only line. How you did this?  :). Start and end locations are identical?
@Menion I was experimenting with https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8701.msg74100#msg74100 checking #steps to navigate on a tablet. There is no GPS signal. Just desk exercise. The steps were as per my post. It is quite possible the Start and end locations were close, certainly on the same screen. But I have tried to reproduce without luck. I guess if that is an issue a more user friendly error could be displayed though.

Quote from: Menion on December 18, 2023, 08:20:27Error during sync > hmm, incident ID is required here. Could you reduce the font size a little so the ID will be visible?
How to reduce font size just of that one error screen? There was no incident ID I could scroll or drag up from bottom. That screen capture is the whole tablet screen with default Android font heights.
  •  

Tapio

Can I force to purge the tracks.db?I deleted ~4000 tracks, but the db size still is the same 400 mb as before. Or, when will it happen?
  •