[APP] - version 4.20.+ ( 11/2023 )

Started by Menion, November 24, 2023, 22:16:45

Radim V

Quote from: T-mo on November 28, 2023, 22:29:02I planned a route with profile 'walk' and get warned about 'heavy traffic' :o
The route is also not perfect, see top near scale - might probably be due to osm. I walked the route shortly and was able to use each sidewalk of the street.

BTW is there any way to deactivate these new warnings, i don't need them and map is pumped with unneeded signs?
Hi, because the warning for "heavy traffic" is just a short segment of otherwise identical street, it looks like the sidewalk is not mapped correctly. (There is no warning for secondary roads if there is sidewalk). But unless I have a look into map data, this is just my guess. Please specify the location more.
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Radim V on November 29, 2023, 20:27:07But unless I have a look into map data, this is just my guess. Please specify the location more.
sure: shared track @ web.locusmap.app-planner
  •  

Andrew Heard

Sometimes with latest beta versions my tablet displays a message "Locus Map has stopped" in the middle of the screen. It doesn't appear to be a regular Android message, or even regular Locus message. But I do not explicitly have LM4 running at the time the message is displayed!
You cannot view this attachment.
It appears related to 1) when tablet is started 2) when WiFi is turned on, but why is Locus running at all (in the background) during these times??
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@jonny.blue
firstly, please merge multiple posts in a row into a single one, or create a separate topic to your problem. This only complicates the readability of the whole, very important, topic. Thanks

Then, as balloni wrote .. are you using the latest app version 4.20.0 (1118)? Also, can you estimate how many points & tracks were visible? When hidden, no problem at all, right?

@Andrew Heard
"Locus Map has stopped" > This does not look like a system dialog and the app can't display such dialog when stopped :). Hmm, full system log right after this will be necessary I'm worried ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

jonny.blue

QuoteThen, as balloni wrote .. are you using the latest app version 4.20.0 (1118)? Also, can you estimate how many points & tracks were visible? When hidden, no problem at all, right?

Yes, I use 1118.
Yesterday I repeated reducing geocaches down to ONE cache ... and it produces the stop.
Today I wanted to reproduce it with this cache (Ok, yesterday I deleted it and loaded it new today) but no problem occured with this geocache.
Loaded 100 caches made 50 visible and the problem occurs while zooming.

When all caches are hidden there is no problem with zooming.

Only visible points (I have only geocaches as points) produces the problem with hardware or soft buttons. While zooming with touch is working always.

With visible tracks there is no problem.

PS:
now after several tests I can reproduce the problem.

If I add a waypoint zoom stops after some zoom in/out.
When I delete the waypoint the problem doesn't occur.
  •  

Agus

Locus closes when I search for locations and directions online and move the map.
  •  

Menion

Locus Map 4.20.1 published.

Available over Google Play or the Drive directory. I've made a bunch of various fixes, so hope it helps.

@jonny.blue & @AgusOrux
Unfortunately, I'm unable to simulate your issues. If the new version does not help, I'll need a full bug report right after the crash happens by this method. Thanks.

Agus

Quote from: Menion on December 01, 2023, 10:42:24Locus Map 4.20.1 published.

Available over Google Play or the Drive directory. I've made a bunch of various fixes, so hope it helps.

@jonny.blue & @AgusOrux
Unfortunately, I'm unable to simulate your issues. If the new version does not help, I'll need a full bug report right after the crash happens by this method. Thanks.

In the new version of Locus, the following has been fixed
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: is that the ...1119...? It was available on GD this morning, but now the folder is empty. Or is this a 1120 maybe? To come to GD?
  •  

Menion

Sorry Michael, I discovered one minor issue right after release, so I've immediately republished the new version 1120. Uff ...  ::)

michaelbechtold

Well done, Menion  ;)
And GD populated, too.
Have a nice weekend - once it comes.
Michael
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote@jonny.blue & @AgusOrux

Yeees ... problem soved. 👍THX  8)
  •  

Menion

Thanks Michael,
unfortunately, the version with a fix (problem with choosing a routing profile), that came an hour later, was not refused by Google, again because of some insufficient informing of users about subscription, omg. So, most probably one more version will have to be published next hours/days, who knows? But nothing serious. The version on the Drive is perfectly fine to use. Sorry for this mess.  :'(

@jonny.blue & @AgusOrux
hmm, perfect, at least something positive!

---

Uff, hopefully with 4.20.1 (1121) version, all major problems are solved. Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Andrew Heard

4.20.1 - still an only quite recent issue on tablet where the full-screen panels are now a few pixels larger on all sides than the screen size. Example below (in preset settings), but random check of others suggests it happens to all full-screen windows
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

That new "long-press-to-discard-recording" is a nice functionality, but has no security query - I don't think that's good. Could be accidentally triggered...

And another thing about recording profiles, probably not new, but just recently noticed:
There's the settings "Preferred folder" and "Auto-save after stop" - shouldn't the folder setting be grayed out when auto-save is off (and thus positioned below the auto-save slider)?
  •