[APP] - version 4.20.+ ( 11/2023 )

Started by Menion, November 24, 2023, 22:16:45

T-mo

I planned a route with profile 'walk' and get warned about 'heavy traffic' :o
The route is also not perfect, see top near scale - might probably be due to osm. I walked the route shortly and was able to use each sidewalk of the street.

BTW is there any way to deactivate these new warnings, i don't need them and map is pumped with unneeded signs?
  •  

luce

Quote from: T-mo on November 28, 2023, 22:29:02BTW is there any way to deactivate these new warnings, i don't need them and map is pumped with unneeded signs?

Settings > Points and Tracks > Tracks
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 28, 2023, 13:15:34Oki, the new version 4.20.0 (code 1118) just published also on Google Play (
Intent - Record start/stop now works again (afaics), thank you
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@jonny.blue
Hardware zoom buttons > Controlling > Map screen > Use hardware controllers set to "Enabled" and zoom by the volume buttons does not work??

Crash in navigation menu > got it, thanks.

@Sonny
sorry it is so complicated. Latest public Locus Classic has this implemented incorrectly and in the case of Locus Map, you need at least Silver to work with elevations in the app.

@AgusOrux
overview > ah, damn, thanks!

@T-mo
May you please plan the route with this issue on the web https://web.locusmap.app and share the result? @Radim V will gladly look at it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: Menion on November 29, 2023, 11:43:17@jonny.blue
Hardware zoom buttons > Controlling > Map screen > Use hardware controllers set to "Enabled" and zoom by the volume buttons does not work??

Yes ... when pressing a hardware button in map LM totaly freezes immediately.
  •  

Sonny

Quote from: Menion on November 29, 2023, 11:43:17@Sonny
sorry it is so complicated. Latest public Locus Classic has this implemented incorrectly and in the case of Locus Map, you need at least Silver to work with elevations in the app.

I see. Would it be a good compromise idea to use elevation files just for Route-planing-only in LM4 free version (just Locus internal, automatic use of these files during route planing) :) ? Nothing else (no manual update of track or point elevations, no corrections of GPS-values, no shading etc.)
Otherwise it would make no sense to use other route planers in LM4 free than LoRouter Online because of their display of wrong or 0m values. And in worst case people are blaming Locus for displaying "wrong" elevation values of a planned route.

Menion

@jonny.blue
sorry, three people in our team tested this and can't find any problem. Maybe some other idea?

@Sonny
sorry, but elevations are globally blocked in "Free" Locus Map mode.

External BRouter application has elevation data inside, so there are values (probably based on 3" HGT files). The only real problem is GraphHopper. But this is, in the Locus Map 4 used by less than 5% of users and we already discussed options to get rid of it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Sonny

Menion, yes there are values in Brouter - but these can be total garbage, as discussed in the linked thread.
Of course I understand, that you have to decide which features are free and which are not. In this case Locus free maybe should better display no elevation values at all (in case of GraphHopper or BRouter) instead of wrong or 0m

jonny.blue

Quotesorry, three people in our team tested this and can't find any problem. Maybe some other idea?

Hmm ... tried it now severel times: and LM always stops

First try:
- I made the zoom buttons (+/-) visible ... and there is the same behaviour. Sometimes LM makes a little zoom step but most times systems stops directly.
- deactiovatd "hardware buttons"  and even then the software zoom buttons leads to this crash.

next try:
- changed theme to the build-in theme: same problem

next try:
- switched to a locus map (online and offline) with the build-in theme: nothing changed

next try:
- cleared cache ... but no change

Now my state is:
- original Locus Map
- build-in theme
- hardware buttons settings deactivated
BUT:
- no zoom with soft buttons. Only with touch it is possible to zoom in and out.

•  

jonny.blue

Attached a screen shot when zooming (-) worked one time. System stops while creating tiles/map screen.

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

jonny.blue

Uff ... got it.

I deleted all visible points and tracks ... and the problem disappeared.

Maybe it's a malformed geocache/point/track ... nevertheless zooming works now. 👍
  •  

jonny.blue

I tried to find the trigger until I found the ONE geocache that triggered the zoom problem.
If I make this visible/invisible the problem is triggered immediately.
I couldn't find anything special in the cache itself...

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

jonny.blue

Just loaded some hundred geocaches ... and there are (some🙄) more caches that causes the problem. 😥
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: balloni55 on November 25, 2023, 11:32:02confirm behavior "app stop"
i can reproduce it by zooming in and out

... but I think I'm not alone. 😉
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: jonny.blue on November 29, 2023, 19:09:44
Quote from: balloni55 on November 25, 2023, 11:32:02confirm behavior "app stop"
i can reproduce it by zooming in and out

... but I think I'm not alone. 😉
for me it´s solved with