[APP] - version 4.20.+ ( 11/2023 )

Started by Menion, November 24, 2023, 22:16:45

freischneider

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 25, 2023, 22:39:39
QuoteThanks. Route planner route still leaking into main screen btw.
same here, no change, ~8s from exit route planner until the planned route is removed from map

I also have the behavior but only 1s. Which doesn't bother me.
But 8s is of course too much.
Otherwise I haven't noticed any errors so far.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Locusfox

Wenn ich das richtig sehe, dann erst mal Finger weg von 4.20....
Erst die Freizeit, dann das Vergnügen....
---
Locus 4.20.1 Gold - leidenschaftlicher Anfänger
Smartphone: Google-Pixel 6a mit Android 14
  •  

Menion

App version regenerated 4.20.0 (code 1117)
Available in the "release" directory.

"App stop" problem, probably got it, thanks!

@jonny.blue
thanks for the testing and sorry for the complications.
BRouter error > do you use an unsupported combination? We made a bunch of big improvements (due to new system of customization + route warnings) so internal LoRouter profiles are no longer compatible with routing data provided by the BRouter application itself. There is also an opposite "problem". BRouter now introduced a few parameters that are not (yet) compatible with offline LoRouter, so profiles from the original BRouter repo may report an error when used with offline LoRouter.

So:
- use "public brf profiles for BRouter" only with the Google Play BRouter app. Offline LoRouter currently does not support all BRouter features (this will change in the near future), but if you don't see any error, it should work fine.
- use "LoRouter profiles" only with offline LoRouter. They most probably won't work with BRouter app

Thanks for understanding.

Installation of the older version is more complicated because it requires un-install the current version first. Suggest waiting a day (or in the worst case two) till a new update is generated/published.

What settings do you want to modify for BRouter? All are available in the Route planner directly.

@Tapio
Intent problem > this is unfortunate. The plugin uses a hardcoded name of the starting screen, but this has changed in the latest version and this old screen no longer exists.

Problem with recording > problem with the start may be connected to the crash at start. The worst is "action: stop".

@Andrew Heard
Plan visible after closing planner > grrr, so another try, even more aggressive plan removal in the next version.

Aspect colored by slope > I've had this prepared, but wasn't satisfied with the colors ... so later.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

jonny.blue

QuoteBRouter error > do you use an unsupported combination?

I don't think /hope so ...  :-\
A long time ago I installed/customized brouter and used it for years now.

Quoteuse "LoRouter profiles" only with offline LoRouter

With silver only "online LoRouter" is available therefore I decided for offline brouter.

QuoteWhat settings do you want to modify for BRouter?

Normaly before navigation LM asks for what profile to use ... at the moment there is only one left (I tried to activate them in some LM4-brouter settings again)

QuoteSuggest waiting a day ...

OK, no hurry at the moment (I set to manually zoom; Online LoRouter) therefore LM is working

•  

jonny.blue

Just another problem:
from time to time I receive an error on my phone:

"Locus Map wird wiederholt beendet -App Informationen ; App schließen " although LM4 isn't (for me visible) running.  ::)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 27, 2023, 10:06:45Intent problem > this is unfortunate. The plugin uses a hardcoded name of the starting screen, but this has changed in the latest version and this old screen no longer exists.

Problem with recording > problem with the start may be connected to the crash at start. The worst is "action: stop".

So should I report to Falcos Github? My impression is, plugin is pretty much abandoned. It would be great if ASAMM could take over the plugin if he agrees. And it's open source after all.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

@jonny.blue
oki, thanks for the info.
In this case, based on your error, it looks like you are using an older BRouter version with the new routing profiles, is that possible? Suggest updating BRouter from Google Play and setting up profiles again from scratch.

Application not responding > I've noticed once too, but wasn't able to find source of the issue.

@Tapio
What about the new version? Is track recording working?

Error with missing "LauncherActivity" > because of this, any task is not working? Which one?

And adapting plugin by me ... well, I should find time for some minor fixes, but  ::)
  •  

jonny.blue

QuoteSuggest updating BRouter from Google Play

OK,
1. switched my navigation settings back to "use brouter" ... and LM4 starts and stops without any chance to interact. (maybe not a good idea  :-\ )

2. Deinstalled brouter and installed from google play ... but nothing changed.

Now I can't reach LM4. Luckily it's snowing and no going out ist planned for today. ;)

Hope that this also could be solved with new version.

PS: Installed  LM4 - 1117 ... and can start and use Locus (with LoRouter online)
... and after setting up brouter from scratch it's working too. 👍
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 27, 2023, 13:44:24What about the new version? Is track recording working?
Will experience new version later, thx. I noticed, we're not talking about the plugin here, because the pure start/stop intents fail. I noticed, stop recording intent also just worked if the Locus app is started (oe maybe even up front).

"Error with missing "LauncherActivity"" - I couldn't even tell what tasks it was related to, will observe.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 27, 2023, 10:06:45Plan visible after closing planner > grrr, so another try, even more aggressive plan removal in the next version.
@menion - fixed

Quote from: Menion on November 27, 2023, 10:06:45Aspect colored by slope > I've had this prepared, but wasn't satisfied with the colors ... so later.
exciting - I think this new method has great potential

Dashboard resizing bug: Expert setting > dashboard cell vertical positions are not adjusted when Fullscreen Mode is changed, so any cells near the top are hidden under the Android top notification panel, until LM is restarted.

Suggestion: main menu > About app > App info > VERSION: show all 4 version digits if non-zero, currently shows 4.20.0 instead of 4.20.0.1
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Oki, the new version 4.20.0 (code 1118) just published also on Google Play (second attempt to pass verification).

Minor fixes along the way ...

@Andrew Heard
these are not some minor versions, but regular release versions. Better should be 4.20.0 RC1, RC2 etc, but because I also publish them on Google Play, all are simply named 4.20.0.

Dashboard resize issue ... hmm, will look at it.

jonny.blue

OK, route planner with offline brouter seems to work  8)

Hardware zoom buttons don`t work ...
QuoteMinor fixes along the way ...
... and probably belong in this section ;)
  •  

jonny.blue

next problem😳

when starting navigation a tap on the big ? leads to an crash (but not with all routes and not every time 😵�💫)

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Sonny

Within the latest beta (free version) there's still the problem discussed here https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/32125-wrong-elevation-in-route-planner of calculating wrong elevation values (BRouter) or no elevation values at all (GraphHopper) because of not using internal elevation files

Agus

You cannot view this attachment. @Menion In the latest version LM4 4.20.0, sharing the map preview looks like this.
  •