[APP] - version 4.19.+ ( 9/2023 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2023, 11:50:54

Menion

@michaelbechtold
Can't simulate any problem with overlay. What map should I use for testing, is there anywhere available for download?

@Andrew Heard
display of the bottom track panel after recording > I still don't understand, why this does not happen to me. Anyway another iteration in the next Beta, thanks!

@Tapio
6 seconds?? Damn.  ::) ... also next attempt in the next app version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 21, 2023, 10:59:14display of the bottom track panel after recording > I still don't understand, why this does not happen to me.
I can record the screen if you like, but I think you understand? But no one else has mentioned they experience this??

Quote from: Menion on November 21, 2023, 10:59:146 seconds?? Damn.  ::) ... also next attempt in the next app version.
confirmed 6s! - The delay got even longer going from .11 to .12 and has remained the same delay in latest beta .13. PS. Google Drive Download button is often hidden with Vivaldi web browser but OK with Chrome, so I'll use the latter from now on.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on November 20, 2023, 22:16:34@freischneider & others
Usage of the space in the route selection dialog
Some options for quick selection of last used profiles? I was already thinking about it, but was not sure how to do it. So maybe later.
Maybe sorting based on usage within each category is enough, so the most often used profile is always most left.
Additionally at top the 3..4 last used profiles can be placed, followed by a divider, then the categories like now.
Just as idea.

With some clever options for sorting and filtering you can nearly meet most todays needs, a lot of modern apps and services fail at this simple fact.
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.19.0.13 release notes says fixed: "stuck @ start during init" - I don't know whether related but twice when I have task swapped - bring another app to foreground then attempt to bring Locus back to foreground, I get the starting screen below. It never progressed. I had tapped on the LM4 app shortcut on the phone home screen. That suggests to me LM has not properly detected it is already running, and switched to that instance. It used to be an issue for Windows apps (as a programmer). Today I was not even able to kill LM with KillApps Pro or from the task list which is a serious lockup! I had to restart the phone in order to recover operation! It must be related to 4.19.0.7 "completely new app start".
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: re. "@michaelbechtold Can't simulate any problem with overlay. What map should I use for testing, is there anywhere available for download?"
My bad - apologies! When trying to find the smallest possible map combination (world plus overlay) for your reproduction, I immediatley came across an overlay that worked perfectly fine on my device. Next step was to check the Europe overlay (highest resolution (png) private version) - which was missing ZL 12 entirely :-((
Hence Locus did fill in the vector base map - as expected.
Filling ZL 12 now into that special map :-)
Cheers
Michael
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 21, 2023, 21:34:41
Quote from: Menion on November 21, 2023, 10:59:14display of the bottom track panel after recording > I still don't understand, why this does not happen to me.
I can record the screen if you like, but I think you understand? But no one else has mentioned they experience this??
@menion - I've been recording the screen each time while saving a track - never has the bug appeared - this suggests to me the extra CPU load of the screen recording app is slowing down LM and preventing the bug.
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •