[APP] - version 4.19.+ ( 9/2023 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2023, 11:50:54

Tapio

No loss, I went out of route planner intentionally. But the route leaked into the main screen. It's reproducible here. See:
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on November 16, 2023, 19:04:16IMO the routing profiles screens are big space wasters. Not elegant. Eg, the biiig "Navigation command" warning. Maybe only show once? Or much smaller?
@tapio - ha ha - totally agree but wasn't going to mention it ;-)
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on November 17, 2023, 22:24:00No loss, I went out of route planner intentionally. But the route leaked into the main screen. It's reproducible here. See:
@tapio - that's very similar to what I reported
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 14, 2023, 12:14:34Track recording problem > Unfortunately this does not happened to me yet. Anyway, I will try to add a small delay till the final screen is visible, if it helps.
@menion - is still happening 25% of saving with .11. I haven't tested .12 yet.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Tapio on November 16, 2023, 19:04:16Meiner Meinung nach sind die Routing-Profilbildschirme große Platzverschwender. Nicht elegant. ZB die große Warnung ,,Navigationsbefehl". Vielleicht nur einmal zeigen? Oder viel kleiner? Sie können bereits auf der ersten Seite mehrere Routingprofile zur direkten Auswahl anbieten.
Im not quite sure what you mean exactly. Can you post a picture?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

luce

•  

Tapio

•  

T-mo

Quote from: Tapio on November 18, 2023, 14:03:52
Quote from: luce on November 18, 2023, 11:54:42I think this is what he means.
Yup
I think as being a selection-dialog a vertical smaller window does not make sense, there might be profiles with a lot of parameters, and a changing dialog-size is of no real help (uncovered map is of no real value), same with another overlay which might be irritating.
As we can see by Luces screenshots the horizontal space might get slightly optimised, sticking to 3 (current state, some space leftover) or 4 icons with text. 5 is quite compact and might not help with thin gloves on or while being in motion (reduced precision) on bike.
Just some thoughts though reg. this.

freischneider

I see it the same way as @T-mo
In the current view, we have a much better overview than before. Finding and selecting the right profile is much easier.
We have enough space now, why not use it.
The only disadvantage is that we need one more click to switch. But we don't switch that often. And if we do, I also have an idea. More on that in a moment.
  •  

freischneider

To make changing the profile faster, I have the following idea.
Make the current profile about 20% smaller and move it down a little.
Arrange the 3 or 4 most frequently used profiles above it. And the arrow for all profiles to the right of it.
Alternatively, you could not use the most frequently used ones. Instead, select these actively. A short click on the profile selects it. Long click on the profile to select a new one for this position.
Personally, I like the active selection better as the most frequently used. 
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
I have two options here.
- a current solution where the cache is sent to the "Import" system
- or the app may display the cache as a temporary point on the map where this first bottom button will be "+" > so add to own library. Maybe this second is better, right?

@Michael Bechtold
I was not touching the map core at all, so there has to be another change. You are talking about Maps > Advanced features > Pre-load global map, right?

Slowdown with a longer plan > ah, thanks for this. Another serious issue, will look at it.

@Tapio
Aspect coloring > I'll insert a legend into the app later. For now, this picture should help. Aspect coloring colorizes hills based on it's orientation.
You cannot view this attachment.

Stuck at the start > it happened to me twice too. Hmm ... another try in the next version.

Delay in removing the content of planner > I've noticed it as well, hopefully improved now.

@Andrew Heard
problem with saving of track > hmm, will have to test it a little more...

@freischneider & others
Usage of the space in the route selection dialog > what you see is the result of quite long testing and I'm quite happy with it to be true. As mentioned - there is enough space, so the app uses it to make it easier to work with the whole screen. Some options for quick selection of last used profiles? I was already thinking about it, but was not sure how to do it. So maybe later.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: T-mo, luce

michaelbechtold

@Menion: global map works like a charm (I use one for ZL 1 to 11). What used to work is the overlay: 100% viasibilty for .sqlitedb/.mbtiles for ZL 12 and 13. ZL shows the correct content, ZL 12 uses vector map content, zero from the overlay map.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 18, 2023, 00:28:25
Quote from: Menion on November 14, 2023, 12:14:34Track recording problem > Unfortunately this does not happened to me yet. Anyway, I will try to add a small delay till the final screen is visible, if it helps.
@menion - is still happening 25% of saving with .11. I haven't tested .12 yet.
@menion - more like 50% now that I'm taken more notice of the behavior - when it fails i.e. panel is hidden, the bottom track details panel starts to appear (slide up) from the bottom for a split second, then disappears again.
  •  

Tapio

@Menion, tonights update: Planned route still leaks into main view, 6 seconds
  •  

balloni55

Quote- or the app may display the cache as a temporary point on the map where this first bottom button will be "+" > so add to own library. Maybe this second is better, right?
Hello menion
this will be a good solution :)
Thanks
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion