[APP] - version 4.19.+ ( 9/2023 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2023, 11:50:54

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on November 10, 2023, 09:58:55EDIT : Ich konnte es auf einem älteren SGS2 simulieren. Big-Fix kommt heute, danke.
It now works with the S8. Tomorrow I'll test Xiaomi Antroid 13
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

TrulloF

Quote from: AgusOrux on November 10, 2023, 16:52:56Hi Menion.

In beta 4.19.0.8 the online address and location search does not work on my device.
Same here. Quite annoying to be honest.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on November 10, 2023, 09:58:55@T-mo
- access to routing settings > and is it useful at all? I expect, that you want to modify profiles mainly in the route planner. There is no big reason to do this outside of this screen.
Sure, to me it's okay. Maybe some novices might search for it, dunno.

- tested a bit, edit, changing the icon, set: not re-selecting the profile, instead hitting back (sure, nasty move) does not update the big profile-icon. Also the blue icon only gets updated if you switch between profiles.
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.19.0.9: it doesn't appear possible to delete/ edit the LoRouter Offline profiles? It was possible in previous versions. For example I don't need Skiing or Car profiles. Other fixes from 0.8 confirmed.

When I exit the Route Planner by tapping the Back button, the planned route is still displayed for a few seconds then disappears! see video

Now we have this new expanded Route Planner profile selection system, why are there only these 4 categories?You cannot view this attachment.

I've noticed on a few screens the left margin is truncated, for example:
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

freischneider

I find the categories practical. I have 2 main activities. Cycling and hiking. So I can have different cycling profiles and they are all in one category.
But I don't need the other categories. Maybe it makes sense to delete or add some?
Also deleting unneeded profiles would be helpful. There are people who have their own profiles and lose clarity because the LoProfiles are also displayed, but they don't need them. I use the LoProfiles myself.
Edit: Something else I noticed. The category "Other" does not appear at all when creating a new one.

TrulloF

Quote from: TrulloF on November 10, 2023, 18:28:09
Quote from: AgusOrux on November 10, 2023, 16:52:56Hi Menion.

In beta 4.19.0.8 the online address and location search does not work on my device.
Same here. Quite annoying to be honest.
Fixed with latest beta. Thanks.
  •  

Tapio

I was outside, recording has been started via an intent. Wanted to look on the map, but it didn't go past the startup screen:

https://youtu.be/WazB5rpRAko?si=HzAlDe4ca6cUJmwl
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: freischneider on November 11, 2023, 09:05:30Also deleting unneeded profiles would be helpful.
Perhaps deleting LoProfiles is a problem, as otherwise they can no longer be restored? Then another option would be to hide the profiles.
However, it would be possible to restore them if LoProfiles and own profiles are offered when selecting the profiles. At the moment only own profiles are offered there.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: freischneider on November 11, 2023, 09:05:30But I don't need the other categories. Maybe it makes sense to delete or add some?
Also deleting unneeded profiles would be helpful.
that used to be possible
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on November 06, 2023, 11:07:12Little weird observation in my recent holidays:
I split a track A into A1 and A2. Then both tracks had the same creation date/time (I think we discussed this a while ago, before that both parts got the current DT as new creation dates). Now when I sort the folder by "Created", it shows
  • A1
  • A2
- correct!

But when I reverse sorting, it still shows
  • A1
  • A2
- not really correct, as the second part of the original track is surely after the first part and thus should be shown before in the reversed list.
I assume, as both tracks have exactly the same created date/time, Locus then reverts to alphabetic sorting as "tie-breaker", which keeps A1 before A2.

Proposal:
As we agree that it's not helpful to set the Created DT of split tracks to the current DT, why not set the DT of the second part to its first trackpoint?
Hi Menion
Don't wanna be annoying, but you answered a lot of posts, but no reaction to this - overlooked, perhaps? Thx!
  •  

Menion

@T-mo
update of profile icon > thanks, got it

@Andrew Heard
deletion of internal profiles is indeed not possible and won't be in the future. I need to keep base profiles available because they serve as a fallback (based on categories) in case of any problem with custom profiles.

What is anyway doable and what I've expected you (all here) will want, is an option to hide them from the selection. I'll look at it ...

Categories ... this is used not just as visual separation of profiles, but also internally to know, which profiles are "similar" and may be selected in case, any custom profile has a problem. What category are you missing?

UI problem on screens ... hmm, will check it, thanks.

@freischneider
"Other" category ... right, it is visible currently only for manual drawing, because this does not belong to any other category. Making it as selectable option should help right? Hmm ...

@Tapio
the stuck on the loading screen was with the latest X.10 version? Hope not  :-X

@slarti76
not exactly overlooked. I wanted to answer later and forget. Thanks for the reminder!
As I see in the code, this was modified at 31. 10. 2022 and it works as it should: the second part of the route should have time of this first trackpoint. Anyway, there is the condition when this is applied: "Created time" of the original route is identical to the first trackpoint. Is this your case? Otherwise app considers the original route time more important than trackpoint times and preserves it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on November 13, 2023, 13:05:27@freischneider
 Kategorie ,,Andere" ... richtig, sie ist derzeit nur für manuelles Zeichnen sichtbar, da sie zu keiner anderen Kategorie gehört. Es als auswählbare Option zu machen sollte helfen, oder? Hmm ...
Just an observation and information. I don't need it at the moment. But maybe it is practical if someone creates their own. E.g. boating, or flying
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on November 13, 2023, 13:05:27@slarti76
not exactly overlooked. I wanted to answer later and forget. Thanks for the reminder!
As I see in the code, this was modified at 31. 10. 2022 and it works as it should: the second part of the route should have time of this first trackpoint. Anyway, there is the condition when this is applied: "Created time" of the original route is identical to the first trackpoint. Is this your case? Otherwise app considers the original route time more important than trackpoint times and preserves it.
Thx for the answer, that condition actually makes a lot of sense. And it explains it: I did delete points at the beginning of the track before doing the split - then the condition was not met anymore.

Thinking about it, probably the best solution would be the additional option to sort by "track start date/time". I would even say that in 99% of the cases that's what the user actually wants when selecting "created by". Why would you sort a self-recorded track and an imported track differently, just because the imported track has a later creation date, even if it's chronologically ealier?
Is adding that sort criteria feasible?
Of course, the workaround is to always *first* split a track before doing any other editing - but obviously I hope you agree with me that "Track start time" is a good thing to add :)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 13, 2023, 13:05:27@Tapio
the stuck on the loading screen was with the latest X.10 version? Hope not  :-X
Oh, didn't notice there were updates. It was on 4.19.07
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 13, 2023, 13:05:27an option to hide them from the selection. I'll look at it ...
+1

Quote from: Menion on November 13, 2023, 13:05:27Categories ... What category are you missing?
@menion - is this inconsistent with activity categories from track activities? the categories there are: land activities, winter activities, water activities, other activities, transportation, various.
  •