[APP] - version 4.19.+ ( 9/2023 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2023, 11:50:54

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on October 30, 2023, 09:43:23I know @Tapio , sorry for this. It is my unfinished work ...

"Auto-pause" ... new more robust system based on the "Google Activity recognition" system
@menion - is this new functionality? we were discussing similar in this forum months ago. at the time I didn't find it was reliable

has anyone noticed with Cloud Sync that sometimes random existing points are made visible that haven't been modified for days/weeks? it's impossible to reproduce of course but happens to me every few syncs there will be a few unnecessary visible points
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

settler

Hello,
I added the external profile "River" from Brouter Offline and see it in the LoRouter Offline settings.
But unfortunately, in "active profiles" you cannot add your own profile, for example with a "boat" icon or something like that. Therefore, we had to take a "motorcycle" and give it a "river" profile.

Maybe there is a way to set the correct icon for your external navigator profile?

You cannot view this attachment. 
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: settler on November 03, 2023, 11:53:55Hello,
I added the external profile "River" from Brouter Offline and see it in the LoRouter Offline settings.
But unfortunately, in "active profiles" you cannot add your own profile, for example with a "boat" icon or something like that. Therefore, we had to take a "motorcycle" and give it a "river" profile.

Maybe there is a way to set the correct icon for your external navigator profile?

You cannot view this attachment. 
Unfortunately, this is not yet possible. But there is already a proposal and you can vote for it.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/editable-names-of-routing-profiles
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

slarti76

Little weird observation in my recent holidays:
I split a track A into A1 and A2. Then both tracks had the same creation date/time (I think we discussed this a while ago, before that both parts got the current DT as new creation dates). Now when I sort the folder by "Created", it shows
  • A1
  • A2
- correct!

But when I reverse sorting, it still shows
  • A1
  • A2
- not really correct, as the second part of the original track is surely after the first part and thus should be shown before in the reversed list.
I assume, as both tracks have exactly the same created date/time, Locus then reverts to alphabetic sorting as "tie-breaker", which keeps A1 before A2.

Proposal:
As we agree that it's not helpful to set the Created DT of split tracks to the current DT, why not set the DT of the second part to its first trackpoint?

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on November 06, 2023, 11:07:12I think we discussed this a while ago
Yes (search for "split"), we did, you did, I thought it's all sorted 😁.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on November 07, 2023, 08:18:37
Quote from: slarti76 on November 06, 2023, 11:07:12I think we discussed this a while ago
Yes (search for "split"), we did, you did, I thought it's all sorted 😁.
Yeah, there's always a special case to be overlooked  8)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

I have a feeling, that I do not spend enough time here on the forum. Sorry if you feel the same. The tasks I did last weeks took too much time to me and colleagues  :-X

Anyway, here we go!

It is partially funny, that the last posts are focused on the customization of profiles. Well ...

New Beta version 4.19.0.7

Major changes

- internal offline LoRouter and online LoRouter are fully united. So they use the identical system. All customizations, systems for warnings, profiles, etc., all are identical!

- with this, I've made completely!! new system of how routing profiles are selected and also customized. Because the old system was a little "hacky", the new was rebuilt from scratch. This also means (and I've tried to keep old data), that you will have to setup custom profiles again, sorry.

- The second major (mainly on the background) change, a few weeks of work and testing, is a united and simplified system of how the app starts and destroys. Together with it, we have recreated the start screen and made it a little "nicer". The main reason was that it was quite a mess inside of the app over all these years and I had to have a single place of truth where all happens.

Both main changes are very complex and I also expect that some problems may arise. That's why I kept old Beta version on the Google Drive, so it may be easy to revert to the older version in case of serious problems.

So shortly: kudos to the brave and test at your own risk  ;)!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

I will test something over the next few days.
Thank you
Working on the app is more important than being here in the forum all the time. There are enough people who can help. And if there is an urgent problem, there is always the helpdesk. They have a direct line to you.

freischneider

With my old Samsung S8 Android 9:
Map Content Panel cannot be opened. It works with the previous version.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Menion on October 23, 2023, 19:53:27@balloni55
I do not know why it does not work, anyway let's do a quick check.
To the next Beta version, I've added two extra info parameters to the "Device info" screen (available under long-click on the main menu > Helpdesk / About app button. There will be an item "Storage manager" with two values, so please check what is wrote there. Thanks.

Storage manager:
in manifest:true
enabeled: false
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

T-mo

Really like the new routing-profiles dialog.
I choosed the route planner to basically get to the selection and customisation dialog, it doesn't seem to be reachable via settings AFAICS.

- cycle touring profile: I suggest to add a 'prefer cycle routes' option (parameters). I love using existing routes.

- I created a profile. Its icon doesn't get used as segment-icon, instead it's empty

- I wanted to change the profile-icon. The icon-selection-dialog starts in recently used, which is currently very short of course. 'Default (tracks)' shows all, which is better IMHO. Btw Is the naming intended or by mistake?
  •  

Andrew Heard

issues with 4.19.0.7
  • Quote from: T-mo on November 09, 2023, 23:30:42I choosed the route planner to basically get to the selection and customisation dialog, it doesn't seem to be reachable via settings AFAICS.
    same for me
  • When I tap the Map content button I get the error message "App is not yet fully initialized", and the Map content panel is not displayed ;-(You cannot view this attachment.
  • Track recording profile > Save & display: now appears to be ignored (previously setting for each profile linked together). For example Save & display = on, but when the track is saved, it is no longer visible on the map.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
Map content panel > it is probably the same issue as reported by Andrew here right?
May someone of you, enable (long-click on the main menu) logging to the file + "Initialize" logs, close the app, re-start and open the side panel again? In the log (placed in the app "logs" dir) should be useful info, I hope. EDIT: I was able to simulate it on older SGS2. Big-fix will be today, thanks.

@balloni55
"enabled: false" is the problem. You have to enable it so Locus Map has full filesystem access. One option is to open the menu > Settings > Backup & Filesystem > File system manager > and here should be a blue box at the top with the "Grant permission" button.

@T-mo
- access to routing settings > and is it useful at all? I expect, that you want to modify profiles mainly in the route planner. There is no big reason to do this outside of this screen.

- extra parameters for router customization: here is a topic, where @Radim V will gladly discuss anything  ;)

- missing icon: thanks. Partially fixed, anyway solution is not ideal now. If you change a router, the custom icon will be lost. Will have to improve it later.

- recently used: I've improved default selection a little, thanks

@Andrew Heard
1. + 2. above

3. hmm this is connected to "App is not yet fully initialized" error. We have to solve this and ... :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Quote@balloni55
"enabled: false" is the problem. You have to enable it so Locus Map has full filesystem access. One option is to open the menu > Settings > Backup & Filesystem > File system manager > and here should be a blue box at the top with the "Grant permission" button.
thank you, that was the cause :D
now I can add folders again 8)
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Agus

Hi Menion.

In beta 4.19.0.8 the online address and location search does not work on my device.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio