[APP] - version 4.19.+ ( 9/2023 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2023, 11:50:54

MartyMcFly89

Is there, or can there be an option to turn on/off railroad crossing icons, when planning a track? It shows on saved track as well.

•  

MartyMcFly89

Here is longer track showing various icons. Sometimes I welcome this feature, sometimes it is just visual clutter which cannot be removed from the screen.

•  

luce

I would also appreciate the possibility to toggle the warning icons on/off. They are a great feature 👍 :) , but there are also many use cases in which their information is not relevant and a clear uncluttered view is more important.

Andrew Heard

4.19.0 route planner bug, walking profile (if relevant) - if I tap on an intermediate POI & tap plus (+) to add to the route, and IF this POI is closer than other shaping points in the route, THEN the whole route is recalculated. I've never seen this weird behaviour before. I'm touring at present so difficult to record a video, although that would better explain I'm sure. If I tap the road instead of POI then routing is ok. 100% reproducible but difficult to explain sorry. Will investigate YouTube.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

WujTom

After the update, exporting the saved route to RunKeeper stopped working.
The message appears:
"Error: Ups!
getCallingPid"

I checked the application can connect to the RunKeeper website.
  •  

slarti76

In the news it says:

"more accurate contour lines – in the new LoMaps we generate more detailed drawn contour lines from 1" height data, while maintaining the volume of map files. We have completed Europe so far, but the machines are running at full speed, so you can look forward to further additions soon."

Does this work for existing (already downloaded) HGT files or do they need to be downloaded again? If so, does Locus do that automatically? Or is it a map feature independent of teh HGT files?
  •  

michaelbechtold

The contour lines mentioned in the news are embedded into the .map files. And display (or not) is controlled by the theme.
The hgt files are optional and allow the dynamic elevation Feature.

Tapio

There's an update 4.19.0.2 on Gdrive, 17th Oct.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

lor74cas

Quote from: michaelbechtold on October 15, 2023, 09:23:17The contour lines mentioned in the news are embedded into the .map files. And display (or not) is controlled by the theme.
The hgt files are optional and allow the dynamic elevation Feature.
Thanks for the reply, but I think that a bit of confusion arises if the map shows more detail than what is calculated for the altimetry. They should always be aligned, whereas now there is a possibility that this will not happen without the user being aware of it. Now for example I had the maps with less visible detail but Sonny's hgts at 1', but I was aware of it.Obviously it's just my opinion as long as I understand the new implementation correctly 
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

V4.19.0.2
#5 is furthermore not available
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
sorry, it took me a while till I responded here. We were a little stuck on the offline solution for custom routing and warnings. All hopefully solved now.

@MartyMcFly89
option to hige warnings will be added in the next app version, check this topic.

@Andrew Heard
hmm trying to simulate the issue in the planner ... but it will really need a video, thanks!

@WujTom
Hmm, I've not used this for years ... login was problematic, but the Facebook login finally worked. And export ... no problem, interesting. May you try to re-login?

@balloni55
I do not know why it does not work, anyway let's do a quick check.
To the next Beta version, I've added two extra info parameters to the "Device info" screen (available under long-click on the main menu > Helpdesk / About app button. There will be an item "Storage manager" with two values, so please check what is wrote there. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

My brain cannot process this. What's the difference? OK, the first is a time span, the second is a specific point in time. But it's about the same thing?

You cannot view this attachment.

Menion

I know @Tapio , sorry for this. It is my unfinished work ...

"Auto-pause" ... new more robust system based on the "Google Activity recognition" system. It detects if the device is moving or not based on the accelerometer and some other sensors, but not the GPS!! Thanks to this, app may really pause-unpause track recording. This allows app to for example pause recording when you are having a break and this pause GPS as well!

"Record only when moving" ... GPS is running all the time and the app only checks if the current speed is above 0.25m/s. If not, the location is simply discreet. So this may reduce some unwanted "locations", but does not save energy etc.

---

Unfortunately, I'm still not satisfied with "Auto-pause" reliability so it ended in this weird state ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on October 30, 2023, 09:43:23I know @Tapio , sorry for this. It is my unfinished work ...

"Auto-pause" ... new more robust system based on the "Google Activity recognition" system. It detects if the device is moving or not based on the accelerometer and some other sensors, but not the GPS!! Thanks to this, app may really pause-unpause track recording. This allows app to for example pause recording when you are having a break and this pause GPS as well!

"Record only when moving" ... GPS is running all the time and the app only checks if the current speed is above 0.25m/s. If not, the location is simply discreet. So this may reduce some unwanted "locations", but does not save energy etc.

---

Unfortunately, I'm still not satisfied with "Auto-pause" reliability so it ended in this weird state ...
Perhaps a combination of sensor and GPS. As far as I can remember the reactivation was the problem. If the sensor registers something is additionally checked again with the GPS. Maybe also every 30s a check with the GPS while pausing. Is better from the ACCU better than constantly GPS.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on October 30, 2023, 09:43:23Unfortunately, I'm still not satisfied with "Auto-pause" reliability so it ended in this weird state ...
I've set both options to on, record every home absence every day... and have never seen recording in a paused state. RN I am in a building, having a break since 30m, stationary... but the rec button is red, not paused.