New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
27. 9. 2023 - Locus 4.19.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Hide track after track recording is what I always needed, but I think was hesitant to ask.
I auto record via intent and don't need to see such tracks on map.
Many thx
EDIT: IT IS BROKEN. The setting applies to all existing recording profiles, not individually.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I think that with a new feature to hide the route after storage, there would be a better name in Czech: "Save and Hide". It is now called: "Save and View". This is confusing because the route is already displayed before saving. Or at least edit the name to: "Save and View Details"
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

Is the "reversed mileage marks" related to my suggestion https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30858-display-distance-markers-in-reverse?
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 29, 2023, 00:06:58Is the "reversed mileage marks" related to my suggestion https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30858-display-distance-markers-in-reverse?
You cannot view this attachment.
Oh, seems so, nice feature! IMO the implementation is perfect. Just reverse, no additional option.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

balloni55

inside settings of geotagged photos there are some predefined ??? folders, but no option to add "+button" and "3dot button" to remove folders
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
omg, also "Auto save" was applied to all profiles, damn. Thanks a lot!!

@Žajdlík Josef
I wanted to make this setting "positive". So it is enabled by default and makes the track visible after saving. Anyway, I'll discuss with @Michal the update in the label.

@balloni55
Missing options in geotagged photos are correct. The app is no longer able to read photos from user-defined locations on the Android 11+. As I see in the code, with the AFA version, this should still be available. Testing .. confirmed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 29, 2023, 00:06:58Is the "reversed mileage marks" related to my suggestion
unfortunately not related to my suggestion though, although I accept the reason.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAs I see in the code, with the AFA version, this should still be available.
exactly in the V 3.70.1 it is available
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

I had 3 crashes on vacation with the new version. But have no crash report.
It always during navigation. The first time the screen was off. Since no turn-by-turn directions came I turned the screen on to look. The screen wr like frozen and then Locus restarted. Then I noticed at the recording so that it has already stopped recording 10 min. before. So it froze in the background (screen off).
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

I have the feeling that the map construction has become slower. Especially when moving. Maybe it's related to the new option.
add: (expert) option to make map movement smoother, topic

Which item is it in the expert settings. Haven't found anything in a hurry ?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: freischneider on October 03, 2023, 13:09:30I had 3 crashes on vacation with the new version. But have no crash report.
It always during navigation. The first time the screen was off. Since no turn-by-turn directions came I turned the screen on to look. The screen wr like frozen and then Locus restarted. Then I noticed at the recording so that it has already stopped recording 10 min. before. So it froze in the background (screen off).

I had the same problem yesterday ... during recording and navigating.
No more move was possible ... and system asks to stop or wait for a non reacting process.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on October 03, 2023, 13:15:58Which item is it in the expert settings. Haven't found anything in a hurry ?
"Fluent movement" in the english translation.

michaelbechtold

"Smooth movement" maybe a better zerm - native speakers, pls. advise :_)
  •  

Andrew Heard

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion