LoRouter routing profiles

Started by ftheelen, August 12, 2023, 12:26:29

ftheelen

Hi,

How is determined what the "Parameter" values are in the settings of LoRouter (or Brouter)? These are profile-dependent, but cannot find a matching variable in the corresponding *.brf files where the profiles are defined.

Application - am creating/experimenting with custom routing profiles for offroad motorcycle navigation and am curious.

If there is an other (e.g. brouter) related forum of documentation, please let me know.

Thanks!

Frans
  •  

Menion

Hello Frans

check our routing profiles here.

For example "LoCarVarioEco" on your screenshot has at the start defined variables
assign avoid_toll          = false  # %avoid_toll% | Avoid paid roads | boolean
assign avoid_unpaved       = true  # %avoid_unpaved% | Avoid unpaved roads, if possible | boolean
assign avoid_motorways     = false  # %avoid_motorways% | Avoid motorways | boolean

This syntax "assign avoid_toll          = false  # %avoid_toll%" is what defines parameters in the routing files.

Currently, only supported parameters are
- avoid_motorways
- avoid_primary
- avoid_toll
- avoid_ferries
- avoid_tunnel
- is_wet
- avoid_unpaved
- ignore_cycleroutes
- stick_to_cycleroutes
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Lupin

Hi everyone,

I am also looking for a way to show variables (boolean or number) in the new planner (LoRouter offline configuration) via using drop-down/sliding menus (like in the LoMTB online profile) or flags directly from the planner, or even via a dedicated add-on. Is this possible or is it planned for the future?

Unfortunately, the only solution I know is to create as many profiles as there are combinations of variables. However, if it were possible to choose and change the various parameters, it would be possible to use a single profile.

Unfortunately, I do not use the variables mentioned above in my profile.

Best regards,

Giovanni
  •  

Menion

Hi Lupin,
I was not thinking about bigger support for fully flexible parameters yet. We are still fighting a little with full compatibility with custom profiles for BRouter itself (not everything is working now) + just now creating flexible server-side configuration so all our platforms will behave identically with every change on the server.

I'm also not satisfied with how parameters are set in the BRF files, so most probably there will always be a list of supported parameters like now (only extended).

So sorry, for now, there are no bigger plans in this area regards full customization by profile creators.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •