[APP] - version 4.18.+ ( 8/2023 )

Started by Menion, August 02, 2023, 12:37:41

jonny.blue

... after examing all settings I saw that the text size was set to 0.
Change to 100 produces a better result:
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: jonny.blue on August 18, 2023, 23:09:16... after examing all settings I saw that the text size was set to 0.
Change to 100 produces a better result:
That's what you call a better result?  ;D
  •  

joeloc

The google maps point sharing "fix" now extracts the points name from the funny url and does a new Locus "search" for that. It's unfortunately almost as unusable as before. I now tried it 10 times in real world situations (still being on an endless bike journey). 3/10 times Locus didn't find the point (by name) at all. 5/10 times if "found" something completely different by the same or a similar name, sometimes 100km away. 2/10 times it found the right thing.

Verdict: still an almost complete failure. re-searching in that way is not an option. if you cannot extract proper coordinates from a funny url, we're f*cked forever.

Apparently this "workaround point sharing fix app" that people here talk about manages to do it fine though. Too bad it's no longer supported and doesn't install on current Androids without jumping through hoops :-)

freischneider

Quote from: joeloc on August 21, 2023, 18:00:35The google maps point sharing "fix" now extracts the points name from the funny url and does a new Locus "search" for that. It's unfortunately almost as unusable as before. I now tried it 10 times in real world situations (still being on an endless bike journey). 3/10 times Locus didn't find the point (by name) at all. 5/10 times if "found" something completely different by the same or a similar name, sometimes 100km away. 2/10 times it found the right thing.

Verdict: still an almost complete failure. re-searching in that way is not an option. if you cannot extract proper coordinates from a funny url, we're f*cked forever.

Apparently this "workaround fix app" that people here talk about manages to do it fine though. Too bad it's no longer supported and doesn't install on current Androids without jumping through hoops :-)
You are in the wrong topic. here was written so that it works only with the next version. 4.18.2.2. or 4.19.
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8436.msg73062#msg73062
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

New Beta version 4.18.2.2

Major new change - LoRouter customization & warnings

Enjoy the weekend!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

One of those ideas...  ;)

Online/Offline Lopoi (Eye toggle) to Presets

Reason: Better working together of Locus with themes. How? Themes can come up with no POI icons at all. I meanwhile have such a Layer in Tapiola. So Locus can exclusively display POI. And it would be convenient to turn everything on via preset.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

New Beta version 4.18.2.3

We focused mainly on the "Warnings" & bug fixes.

So still a valid topic related to warnings - LoRouter customization & warnings.

More updates in the "Customization" system will be introduced during the next months, but not in the coming version.

Enjoy the weekend!

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, AFA is not working in this latest version. Wants to move the working directory. EXIT ...
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

Damn, you are right. In the recent app version is a major change in the "Target API" version that do again some changes in the file-system support. Hmm, AFA removed from the Google Drive and I'm going to look at it, thanks!

EDIT
uff, hopefully fixed
  •  

michaelbechtold

TXs a lot, Menion!
AFA operations seem fine so far. Only special behavior is attached.
I went back to the 4.18.2.2 beta yesterday, and as before, there was no screen like attached after start. Now, with the corrected 4.18.2.3 this screen appears. Hitting "confirm" triggered a successful start, though.
Fingers  crossed.
TXs and cheers and enjoy the weekend
Michael
  •  

Tapio

This window jumps into the scene, from bottom to center, see video.

https://youtube.com/shorts/qqHwebVTvHw?si=jITJFYh_XwGBMkcv
  •  

Tapio

Menion, can you add an expert setting which centers the map to the starting point of a track, when clicking see screenshot? I can only speak for myself, but at any time the starting point is of primary interest for me, track center and overview comes second.

freischneider

Auto hide copyright:
When the screen is turned on, the copyright is immediately visible and stays on for 9s until it is hidden.
With the sidebars it is like this. They are hidden when the screen is turned on. They are only shown when I double click on the screen. Then they stay on for 9s and are hidden again. Can this behavior be done for the copyright as well. Or hide it already after 1-2s. I have a dashboard at the point and it is so bad Visible. 
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
The jumping window > weird issue in Android. Anyway hack was found, so will be fixed, thanks.

Centering on the start instead of "overview" > I'm not sure it is useful for now.

@freischneider
hmm indeed, thanks, will look at it

•  

Menion

Hi to all,

version 4.19.0 published: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8631.0

"Warnings" are currently in the online version, special MTB custom parameter as well. The task on next month is to get all this to offline LoRouter + finalize few more router customizations. Hope we will get some feedback from the usage ;).

Thanks again for the help with new version, appreciate it!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas