setExpandedTitleGravity, code: 14117 (solved)

Started by Joska, August 01, 2023, 13:56:25

Joska

I am using LM on two samsung galaxy smartphones.
Suddenly, trying to synchronize my tracks, the error above appears on the side of sync
One minute ago, it happend well, but meanwhile, I had created a new folder and renamed another one.
Any hints?

Solved: after killing LM and restart, sync happend well. So, what is the meaning of this error-code?
---
  •  

Menion

Hello Joska,
hmm this is a problem that rarely happens and I was not yet able to solve it. It means that the app is not yet fully initialized. Here what you did > restart > is the best solution.

I'm currently working on a new system for initialization of the app so I believe, this issue will be solved as well.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Joska

---
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: Menion on August 02, 2023, 07:59:40I'm currently working on a new system for initialization of the app so I believe, this issue will be solved as well.

Good to hear.  Init is currently quick on my daily-use devices, but when I pull out the old Nexus 7 (2013) and fire up Locus 4 (I take it camping, sync first), it takes around 10 minutes to start, not including sync.  A bit odd; I don't think the old tablet is *that* slow.  After I'm back from my trip, if there's a beta with the new init code, I'll try it out on that device.  Cheers.
  •  

Menion

10 minutes? This sounds like a completely different issue that, for sure, won`t be solved by a planned start-up update.

On what task is the app stuck during init? You should see a dialog with loading progress and any visible info, right?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

(Sorry if I've taken this off-topic, but since you mentioned the start-up work...)

I forgot to mention, it seems to only take a very long time after starting up the tablet for the first time; I keep the old thing powered down except when prepping for a camping trip.  So, charge and power up the old tablet, then start Locus 4, and it takes 10 minutes, maybe closer to 5; I haven't timed it.  I can tap "Wait" a few times, or just let it sleep and I come back when it's ready.

The progress shows it's slowly loading the 10,000's of points I have, one group, slowly the next...

I'm about to give up on this old tablet for other reasons, so it doesn't really matter to me.  But I will give it a try after a while, just out of curiosity, and report back if I don't forget.

EDIT: Yesterday I powered it up (after charging from dead), and just now I loaded LM4.  After seeing the 4.18.1 upgrade message, I pressed Next, "not responding", Wait, and... it started fully within seconds!  So the problem is either gone with your upgrade, OR it was a case of Android being extremely slow in the first few minutes of its life, while I was also waiting for Locus to start.  In this case, those two things happened a day apart.

In other words, you can probably ignore this bug report.  Cheers.
  •  

Menion

Interesting. You may simply try to reduce the number of visible points. Anyway, let it be for now, thanks.
  •