Gold - Advertisement ?

Started by arnor, July 30, 2023, 10:40:38

arnor

I have the Gold version and started downloading the new Lomaps.  I now notice for the first time that an circle with arrow is visible at the top of the screen.  See appendix.  If you click on it, an advertisement will appear.  Why is this?
  •  

Menion

Advertisement .. hmm, it should link to our video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gPc1jeKsiA that is just another alternative to how to check "what you get". You have a map screenshots below and a video here. So yes, you are right. It is an advertisement for LoMaps. Is anything wrong with it?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

arnor

There is nothing wrong in itself;  although?  Because the link refers to youtube, youtube is kind enough to 'beautify' the sight on my smartphone with advertising that has nothing to do with Locus.  See the attachment.  And the Premium and Gold versions are free of ads, right?
  •  

Graf Geo

Sorry for the objection, but your problem is not one. If Youtube shows you advertising, it has nothing to do with Locus.
And you don't have to click on the link. I have never even noticed the video, although I have often downloaded articles from the Locus store.
SG S10, Android 12

Menion

As I wrote, it is not an advertisement as we usually know it. It is really only a video about LoMaps placed on YouTube, nothing more. Simply don't click it if you do not want to watch it again, as @Graf Geo wrote ...

And yes, with Premium, the ads panel at the top of the main app screen will disappear.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •