Screen rotation on navigation

Started by TwoSlipsAndAGully, July 20, 2023, 14:46:56

TwoSlipsAndAGully

I use locus pro 4 gold on a samsung s21 ultra for cycling and have the map set to up being the direction of travel.

When locus turns the screen on for naviagtion the screen is always north up and then rotates to my setting.
Why is this and can it be changed so there's not that half a second of the screen rotating?
  •  

freischneider

I have the problem too and it was reported some time ago.
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7974.msg68477#msg68477
Somehow nothing has happened since then.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
it is complicated. The app disables everything possible when the screen goes off to save power. I'm a little worried to modify here something, to be honest.

Anyway, I've found a place where it may be improved and a little speed-up. So next version ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on July 21, 2023, 09:04:45Hi guys,
it is complicated. The app disables everything possible when the screen goes off to save power. I'm a little worried to modify here something, to be honest.

Anyway, I've found a place where it may be improved and a little speed-up. So next version ...
If you turn on the screen manually it is a problem. I can understand you there Menion. In this case, I would not change anything either.
But there are also situations where Locus turns on the screen. For example, during navigation. In case of a turn instruction, Locus automatically turns on the screen (15s) before the turn.
For this situation, Locus could disable power saving 13s before. Then everything would already be aligned correctly when the screen is turned on. What do you think ?
  •  

Menion

You are of course right, just ... what I wrote before :)

Give a try to the next version first please ... before I start destroying the working system ...

freischneider

I have been testing it for the last 2 days. To be honest, I have not noticed any improvement. If it is, it's so small that I don't register it.
But you do not have to destroy the working system. You don't have to take a risk here. It is not that important.
If you work on the system at some point, then you can go with it. Or if you ever rewrite it. Just make a note in the appropriate place.
  •  

Menion

I had yesterday finally a day on the bike and to be true, I've not noticed any delay when the screen turned on and map had to rotate. It was almost instant.

Anyway, I'll be watching it ...

freischneider

Yes it turns immediately. But it spins while the screen is on. It is briefly confusing. The idea was to make it spin just before the screen turns on automatically. When turning on manually there is nothing you can do, because Locus doesn't know when I turn on, only when turning on automatically.
The biggest rotation is when you drive south, because the map is always oriented north at the beginning.
But as I said it is not very bad. It would only make the system perfect.
  •