Map download stalls after first map

Started by air7, July 22, 2011, 16:04:02

air7

Hi,
since the last update I have trouble downloading maps, a problem, that was not there before...
I am currently in Romania for an Off-road event and can`t use offline navigation because of this.
Quick help would be appreciated.

Locus Pro, Galaxy 2, all latest version.
Problem is the same with all types of maps and independent from downloading via WiFi or GPRS.

I select several resolutions (map levels) start the download, and after the first download is finished, it stalls (stops) and the download will not complete. Meaning even the first set of maps is not usuable, since the download is not completed.

thx in advance for any help,
best regards, Volker
Switched from iPhone4 to Galaxy S2 bcs screen
went on to -->Galaxy Note 2 --> then Note 3 --> now on Note 4 and Cat S40 rugged phone
SW: tried MotionX GPS (iOS), Google tracks and Trimble Outdoors on Android in vain
use Locus Pro since 2011 (internat. and offroad navigation, track record, share)
  •  

Menion

before cca one hours I published update because of this my fault so please try and let me know, ... should be working fine now! (version 1.9.4)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

air7

it works, thank you very much !
went on to -->Galaxy Note 2 --> then Note 3 --> now on Note 4 and Cat S40 rugged phone
SW: tried MotionX GPS (iOS), Google tracks and Trimble Outdoors on Android in vain
use Locus Pro since 2011 (internat. and offroad navigation, track record, share)
  •  

air7

uuups, still interrupting, but at least it goes through several map levels now, and now there is an error message "process unsuccessful"...
  •  

Bendeon

Did anybody try Galileo? I've heard it's good programm for offroad navigation. I like Locus, but it hasn't all functions I need.
  •  

Menion

I'm sending hi to author of Galileo :) To be true, you cannot be advertisement to your program, more obvious. Anyway if you want to propagate your program, I have no problem if you create topic in "discussion" part. But please, do not create sence-less and offtopic post into another discussinos

air: do you have still your problems? I did some stress tests and no problem ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

Bendeon

One problem is that this program isn't free. So I would like see comments of user before because this program is new. Sorry if my post was like off-top. I will clear my previous post if you want.
  •  

air7

@Bendeon: I have tried quite a few GPS apps before Locus Pro - and this is the best for Android (for me...). It takes some getting used to the UI, but it is really powerful. I use it for Motorbike and Hiking navigation and for recording tracks.
And yes, please move your posts to a more general topic, so users with the same problem as described above find info more quickly. it would be appreciated ;-)
  •  

Menion

you forget to answer to my question in previous post ...

please try to download some area again. If you have same problem as before, write me center location, map type and zooms you try to download. I need to simulate "same" behavior as you to find any mistake. And also be sure you have enough space on card and working net connection :)
  •  

air7

I tried to reproduce the error - but it works fine now...
  •