[Theme] Tapiola

Started by Tapio, June 26, 2023, 16:20:18

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on January 21, 2024, 08:22:06I asked because there are bike parking icons in your screenshot and amenity=bike_park is not in OAM.
@Tapio - yes, bike parking was my original reason to pursue this topic; I'm using OAM Australia-Tasmania from 2021/11/28. My theme doesn't reference any SVG. As suggested elsewhere after my original question, the POI come from doing LoPoints(offline) > Hiking & Cycling > Bicycle parking > tap icon top RHS (100)

Quote from: Tapio on January 21, 2024, 08:22:06Yes, 1.3.9. Did you use the theme file I attached?!
no, I was using 1.3.8. new "buildings" in 1.3.9 - thanks. I note when I uncheck "Road network" the larger roads are hidden but not minor roads? Similarly when I uncheck "City" & "Suburb", most place names are hidden but not some minor place names? Compare the 2 screen caps attached.

Quote from: Tapio on January 21, 2024, 11:58:43I am interested if the "Install latest" in my signature works for you
I'm testing from Windows PC then copying ZIP to device with FTP

Quote from: T-mo on January 21, 2024, 15:01:05(always have to edit my posts afterwards to add pictures)
@T-mo - me too - somewhat clunky system. I 1st do "quick reply" > Save, then More... > Modify.

This final comment may be better in the 4.20 beta topic, but @menion - the size of LoPoints(offline) icons isn't influenced by Settings > Points & Tracks > Point Icon Size or LoPoint Icon Size.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

jonny.blue

QuoteI am interested if the "Install latest"

Works great 😎... and really fast.👍
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

@Andrew, ah, Lopoints offline.

Re: minor roads still visible despite road network off. I put them back in for some reason. A reason I forgot. I'll think about it.

Re: place names still visible: A lot of attractions captions are visible in lower zooms, need some love.

Suburb display: I think I'll include military area captions (that's in your screenshot), since they are a kind of village.

Please try the xml on my Github, it has some changes.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on January 22, 2024, 06:40:18Please try the xml on my Github, it has some changes.
@tapio - 1.4.0 - all good.
  •  

Tapio

In latest xml, unchecking "Road network" now also removes minor roads etc... and access restrictions.
A lot of logic changes, I hope there's no errors.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TapioOfTapiola/oam_theme_tapiola/main/Tapiola.xml

Or use attachment.

Andrew Heard

excellent/ perfect - all & none ;-) great example showing how previously the bike parking POI were hidden in the "map clutter" and now clearly evident with all theme settings turned off!!
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

v1.4.0

• Military area names part of "Suburb" option
  • Later display of some POI captions
  • natural:hedge and natural:tree_row design shamelessly copied from Voluntary UK theme of John Percy
  • Rework and xml improvement "Road network"
  • "All features" menu change

Tapio

In my next update (it's already in the xml) the stylemenus will be renamed internally. If my theme is in your presets, theme settings will fall back to default values. You need to reconfigure - sorry.

http://tapiola.org/xml
  •  

Tapio

A debug option...
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Andrew Heard

wow - very interesting - you never stop with new ideas
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 27, 2024, 21:19:44wow - very interesting - you never stop with new ideas
Indeed, always tinkering... Fortunately the "All features" stylemenu plus Locus presets justifies to add MANY options. To be fair, this idea here is from the 4Umaps theme (it's in OAM forum).
  •  

Tapio

New idea, a higher map gamma (it's actually a semi-transparent layer) - allowing for better visibility of Locus tracks.

Tapio

v1.4.1

• Adjusted defaults to being useful
  • Pipeline fix
  • Stylemenu renaming; requires you to reconfigure the theme in LMaps presets
  • Finetune MTB and Cycling relations for better coexistence.
  • Added a semi transparent white layer ("Map Gamma") which may help visibility of map apps tracks.

Tapio

Latest xml allows hiding of minor waterways like ditches etc. - in some areas this can help spotting paths and tracks. See screenshots. It's just a helper, I'm aware the bridges are still there.
  •  

Tapio

v1.4.2

- Allow hiding of minor waterways like ditches
- Minor fixes