[Theme] Tapiola

Started by Tapio, June 26, 2023, 16:20:18

Tapio

v1.2.7

• Menu reorganisation
  • POI are included in basic profile
  • Hide (place:locality) if suburbs are hidden
  • Color correction: primary_link, tertiary roads.
  • Access restriction indicators on roads were missing, fixed.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Agus

Hi Tapio. I really like your theme.
Could it be included to be visible man_made:survey_point?
  •  

Agus

Quote from: AgusOrux on August 17, 2023, 16:57:28Hi Tapio. I really like your theme.
Could it be included to be visible man_made:survey_point?

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Tapio

Will check it. Needs to be part of OAM, needs an svg icon (and me on PC) etc.
  •  

Agus

Igor Magellan's TOTM theme shows them in OAM with an icon similar to a "Peak".
  •  

Tapio

v1.2.8

• Fading out building color when zooming out, helps for more distinct hike/cycle networks
  • Hiking nodes only shown together with hiking network
  • Option "Draw house numbers earlier"
  • Added man_made:survey_point
  • Road network off - only hide main roads
  • Optimizations

House numbers earlier ("sooner"?): ZL16 onwards. See screenshot. You typically want to turn it off.
  •  

Tapio

v1.2.9

• Fixed hiking relations priority
  • Fine tuning of building colors
  • Corrections to layouts
  • Toggle forest/gras/crops patterns, allowing for a cleaner look
  • Added "misc" category
  • Small fixes

So there's three layouts in the theme I didn't mention before due to problems.

"Basic features" shows almost all POI icons and lets you control some reasonable rest.
"Basic nopoi" doesn't display any POI icons. Useful, if e. g. you only want to use LoPoi.
"All features" - Feature overload.

The forest/gras/crops is just one piece of the puzzle, when it comes to keep the theme free from obstructions, e. g. when you display and compare multiple tracks.
  •  

Tapio

v1.3.0
  • Minor changes.

E.g., removed the fading of schools/hospital which now always appear blue (if option for special building types is turned on).

Not much progress because I'm quite fine with the theme rn. I should add a fancy icon and a legend though... 🥴
  •  

Andrew Heard

close to perfection ;-)
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

v1.3.1

• Size increase of oneway arrows
  • Bugfix military area
  • Military area olive green overlay and setting
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 11, 2023, 08:02:54One suggestion is to distinguish the road/ track surface eg. between sealed & unsealed.
Hi Andrew, let's please discuss this here. OK, I looked at your test position at -42.51336, 147.64366 in Tasmania.

There I don't see the need to check for road surfaces...? At least for Germany roads k=highway v=primary/secondary/tertiary (in my theme from yellow to dark orange) already imply they will be an asphalt road. Do you think an extra layer, like a dashed line is useful and necessary?
Smaller roads/paths may be in need of your idea. If you have an example position, let me know.

Tapio

Ok, experiments... the problem is consistency. 51.324,7.98681 in Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.

Screenshot has mostly Highway:Residential, but road surface is only defined for some of them... (asphalt, the ones with blue lines).

Attached xml line 1929+

Does it make sense stiill? Please test in your area. I can add another option "Sealed road indicators" and default it to off.
And if so, do you really think those indicators should be on higher level roads, (highway:primary etc)?

I think it shouldn't be used in residential areas. I.e. just used for v="track|byway|road|path|unclassified"

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on October 15, 2023, 11:05:30looked at your test position at -42.51336, 147.64366 in Tasmania.

There I don't see the need to check for road surfaces...?
@tapio - it's difficult for me to reply adequately while away cycling in Cyprus sorry. But at the position you mention it is absolutely the case that the road surface changes from sealed to unsealed but most themes don't show any different, or only when zoomed in very close. If planning a 50km route for example it's often not convenient to zoom in & check every section of the route to confirm the laden cycle tourist won't be instructed onto some poor surface.

If the OSM editor has not bothered to define the surface then the theme can't tell. And if the surface is unsealed then...

3 weeks before I can provide further info or discuss/ check issues.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 15, 2023, 13:07:213 weeks before I can provide further info or discuss/ check issues.
OK... and now I noticed, in your example the logic is vice versa, you are marking the unsealed road.

Tapio