Only part of the screen redraws when panning map

Started by NickJP, June 21, 2023, 13:55:59

NickJP

Locus Map Classic 3.68.2 with OpenAndroMaps installed on a Pixel 7a running Android 13. Sometimes, when I pan a map, part of the screen does not redraw the map correctly - see attached screenshots. When this problem happens, if I pan the map a very small amount further, so that most of the area I am viewing remains on screen, then the entire screen draws correctly. Any thoughts on why or how to eliminate the problem?

You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment. 
  •  

john_percy

You are hitting a map boundary. You are supposed to be able to set offline maps to load the next map also in Settings>Maps>Offline maps>Automatic map loading.
It didn't use to work very well with OAM maps but now it doesn't seem to work very well with Lomaps either.I did a quick test with v4 Lomaps of England, Wales and Scotland and the results were inconsistent. Sometimes the new map loaded, sometimes not.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

NickJP

Thanks. I already have automatic map loading turned on in settings, but I intermittently see this problem, so it looks as though the automatic loading isn't always working correctly.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
I've improved auto-loading for V4-based maps (all new maps) so give it a try in the next app version, thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •