Missing dashboard file

Started by XtraP, June 15, 2023, 22:16:27

XtraP

I have been using Locus Map Gold (on a Xiaomi M2007J22G device) for about two months, to my great satisfaction. Today, unfortunately, I rejected and thus, it seems, (via app!) accidentally deleted a potential dashboard offered by the app, and since then I receive the attached information every time I change the screen. The version update didn't change the situation either.
You cannot view this attachment.
I tried uninstalling the app to reinstall it, but the shortcut is back in place after a blink of an eye: the app won't be uninstalled. (I would also be interested in the reason for this, although it is not the most important.)

How can I remove the error message, or can I download the missing file from somewhere?

Thank you in advance for the answer.
  •  

Tapio

Hmm, I don't have this one. Some comments.

Dashboards are in ~ /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/menion.android.locus/files/Locus/data/dashboard

Have a backup? Zip files in Locus/Backup - you'd find dashboards in there.

Can't you just stop it from wanting to display, via the dashboard selector screen?

Maybe the non-existing dashboard is part of a preset definition?

App won't be uninstalled. Idk, maybe turn off "run as service" in Locus options and try again.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: XtraP

Menion

Yes, as Tapio wrote. This dashboard had to be part of some automation. So it is most probably defined in any "Preset", or was simply used last time and the app tries to load it again? Simple selection of different existing dashboard does not help?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: XtraP

XtraP

Thanks, Tapio and Menion.

First, in short: the problem is solved. :)

I didn't have a backup, and the problem persisted even after selecting a different dashboard.

"Run as service" was not turned on, in fact, I revoked all visible permissions and the deletion still failed - but that's no longer a problem at all.

However, during the search I found the menu item "Settings/Miscellaneous/Reset preferences", deleted the settings - and everything works, without error messages. Repeating the settings is of course not a problem.

Thanks for the ideas!
  •  

Menion

Ah these are the solutions I do not like ... what you did is a complete reset of the app settings (same as "new install" just all data remains preserved). This really does not solve the issue on the background. So in case, an issue happens in the future again (hope not), please let me know. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •