No longer able to display logs for geocaches, imported with the gsak addon

Started by bongo, June 04, 2023, 20:45:03

bongo

i use the "gsak für locus" addon from bubendorf for quite some time to show geocaches from a gsak database on locus.
this worked fine so far, but today i recognized that no more logs are shown within locus, while the rest of the data seems to be still ok.
have there recently been any changes to the addon interface of locus?
  •  

Menion

Hello,
interesting. I'm not aware of any changes on the Locus Map side. Please double-check that your GSAK database has valid logs data and if so, may you please prepare a small sample database with a few caches for me to test? I'll gladly look at it. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

zoumba

I have the same problem.
Only recent change : Locus upgraded to 3.68.2
GSAK databases are ok, GSAK for Locus unchanged. So I guess the "link" is broken somewhere.
In Locus the "dummy" log generated by GSAK for Locus is created though. It's only the database logs that are not loaded.
I'll notify this behaviour to GSAK for Locus as soon as I find where.
  •  

katarinahills

Quote from: zoumba on June 21, 2023, 18:34:21I have the same problem.
Only recent change : Locus upgraded to 3.68.2 mr mine
GSAK databases are ok, GSAK for Locus unchanged. So I guess the "link" is broken somewhere.
In Locus the "dummy" log generated by GSAK for Locus is created though. It's only the database logs that are not loaded.
I'll notify this behaviour to GSAK for Locus as soon as I find where.
Maybe version 3.68.2 has some buggy features maybe it will be fine in a few days.
  •  

zoumba

I just saw the post of katarinahills.
I tried to downgrade by installing apk found in https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L-KMJXODFgpQiQ84d_9Lm3IkOAxemlaj
For all 3 versions I have failure (not always the same) messages saying I can't install.
"Not installed. Problem arise" / "Can't install application on device" translated from french. I googled around and found no hint.

Should I :
- backup everything via locus backup system
- uninstall
- install
- load backup (will it be consistent with previous version ?)

The problem listed in the thread is a real pain for me.
I would like not to switch to version 4 I'm quite satisfied with 3 pro (paid twice androidpit/ google).
  •  

Menion

The downgrade of the application is not directly possible. It is necessary to first uninstall the existing app. So yes, backup is necessary.

Anyway as I wrote before .. I do not use GSAK, so some database for testing & steps on how to simulate this issue is necessary.
  •  

zoumba

Ok I thought bongo might have done so.

Steps:
- you have to configure GSAK for Locus to use the database
- then load geocaches via the addon (need pics for how to use ?)

I made a small Praha database with some traditional geocache (I haven't found there ;-)).

The db centerpoint is 50.085344,14.424362.
The db is shared here => https://transfert.free.fr/ABolU3G
Got a hundred of caches in it.

•  

Menion

Thanks! Prague, nice  :-*

Anyway, I'm checking what is coming to the Locus Map and in the moment, the app receives the data, but logs are not there! So it looks like some problem with the add-on. The surprise is that it was not updated for a long time. So maybe some change in the database itself?

I was also checking the second add-on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.geoget.locusaddon.gsak . It was also updated in 2022, but even if the database is correctly set, I see no option in the Locus Map to load a GSAK caches, weird.
  •  

zoumba

Well GSAK is stalled for a long time now. The software hasn't changed in a long time, as the author stopped maintenance due to health problems. One day I'll have to change my habits and move to another database. But for now on, I'm reluctant to change.

As I said the "only" change is Locus on my side : phone, GSAK, GSAK database, GSAK addon are untouched.

I knew not of the GASK4Locus addon, but it seems I have an non compatible android version for that one and I can't test it.
  •  

bubendorf

Hello everybody
GSAK for Locus is end of life in the Google play store.
The newest version of the app is available here: https://f-droid.org/de/packages/ch.bubendorf.locusaddon.gsakdatabase/

The current version solves the problem with the logs.
  •  

zoumba

Yeepee  !!!

All is gone back to normal. Many thanks to all who participated.
  •