Displayproblems with V4 LoMaps on large scale

Started by K0nsch, May 20, 2023, 13:36:11

K0nsch

Hello

I updated my Locus on the latest version 4.17

Also I updated every LoMap to the new V4 version.

Sadly since the update I have problems with displaying the map on large scales (>20km).

On 90km scale. No roads are shown
On 20km scale only Autobahns/Motorways are displayed

Only at and under 10km more roads are visible.

But for planning and routing I need to have the ability to see highways and rural roads on large scales like 90kms. See attachments

On V3 LoMaps this was never a problem.

How can I fix it? It is quite urgent cause I plan to cycle 3 weeks in June.

Could anyone provide me with V3 LoMaps from Urkaine, Romania and Moldova in case this is not fixable by me.

Thanks a lot
  •  

Wole

Apart from whether a scale of 90 km makes sense, the motorways are displayed for me. At 20 km, federal roads are also displayed.
Other details such as places, etc., which I believe are necessary for route planning, are of course not displayed.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

hmm, I may suggest a
- check used map theme (in the side map content panel)
- download from the Store "World map" and set it in the app settings > Maps > Advanced > Pre-load global map (this should be done automatically, I know). This should highly improve your 90km resolution
- or using online LoMaps
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: K0nsch

K0nsch

Quote from: Menion on May 23, 2023, 13:29:39Hi guys,

hmm, I may suggest a
- check used map theme (in the side map content panel)
- download from the Store "World map" and set it in the app settings > Maps > Advanced > Pre-load global map (this should be done automatically, I know). This should highly improve your 90km resolution
- or using online LoMaps

Thanks for your reply

- I use the "Bicycle & Walking" theme as in V3
- The World Map in the Store is sadly V3. But i.e. my Germany North Map is V4. So it doesn't switch
- Online LoMaps is not an option where you don't have internet access...
  •  

Menion

The world map in V3 is not a problem. Simply download and set as a "world map" in the settings.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: K0nsch

K0nsch

Quote from: Menion on May 25, 2023, 11:20:02The world map in V3 is not a problem. Simply download and set as a "world map" in the settings.

Sorry was not fast enough to update my post.

After I set "World Map" in the settings, which I did in the first place like you mentioned, I had to click on one of the V4 Maps. Now everything is working as wanted. Thank you very much :)
  •