[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

Žajdlík Josef

The permanent shutdown of the displayed routes and points does not have logic. Other "eyes" work as a hiding/view switches. But for routes and points, they are switches: "just turn off". If it should stay, it would be a good place to use another symbol.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion, luce

Graf Geo

I installed the beta version for the first time and looked at the new side panel. I agree with Žajdlík Josef, the eye icon in this case is misleading and the function implementation is not ideal.

Both options make sense and should be possible:

- Hide/show all tracks as they are currently activated (toggle). Here the eye icon fits.
- Permanent hiding (completely unloading of all tracks) with another icon.

Maybe both options can be offered separately in the side panel, see mockup (text and icon are just a suggestion).

SG S10, Android 12
  •  

freischneider

2 lines consumes too much space again. If so, you should be able to hide them in the menu.
But you could make both buttons in one line. The name Tracks is very short.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

Tapio

OK, new update, same functionality points/tracks in map items, just no eye icon. NOOOOOOO. It feels wrong.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

Hi guys,
(most probably) final solution published in the new Beta 4.17.2.2 version. I got your point, but do not fully agree with all.

Main use-case, the clearest to basic users: unload points. So this will be the primary function of this button. After confirmation, the button is disabled and counter reset so I believe, it is clear what this function did.

The secondary function, by the long click, is the temporary hide of all points/tracks.

I believe this will be useful good enough, anyway let me know if ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on June 21, 2023, 21:37:49The secondary function, by the long click, is the temporary hide of all points/tracks.
I tested it, didn't even notice you implemented it. Tracks were out of sight, so there was no indication that something happened.
Now that's OK-ish for me. Maybe add an advanced option which inverts  it? Default=eye symbol and temp. hide?
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Tapio on June 21, 2023, 22:17:34Maybe add an advanced option which inverts  it? Default=eye symbol and temp. hide?
I was worried that someone will want this ;D

I was half a day converting a few more "config.cfg" parameters to the UI and noticed, how many!!! tiny settings that use just a few users, exist. I'll really need to reduce this or at least not create many new ... thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on June 21, 2023, 21:37:49The secondary function, by the long click, is the temporary hide of all points/tracks.
@Menion the new long tap doesn't provide any visual feedback. You don't know whether anything has changed or the long tap has done anything until you return to the map. Could the long tap also return directly to the map?
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on June 21, 2023, 23:08:20how many!!! tiny settings that use just a few users, exist.
See it as a sign of quality. The other side would be apps for sheeps, who eat what you feed them.
  •  

jonny.blue

Quotehow many!!! tiny settings that use just a few users, exist.

But it is precisely these users who use the app intensively and bring it forward with their contribution ... 😉

Graf Geo

For me, the new solution is fine so far. The "brush" icon is clear enough.

Temporarily hidden tracks or points can always be recognised by the red icon at the top right of the map and can be shown there.
SG S10, Android 12

Gerhard57

Quote from: Menion on June 19, 2023, 09:13:48Hi guys
- counter for points/tracks fixed (there were issues with incorrect values)
im LM 4.17.2.2 incorrect values of counter for points see attached files
  •  

Graf Geo

@ Gerhard: For me, the number of points was also not correct at first. After I have switched off all (with the new brush icon) and then have shown again several points, the number is now correct for me.
SG S10, Android 12

freischneider

Long click on brush icon is a good solution. But it would be nice if it then returns to the map right away. Andrew has already written it.
After hiding by long click, the Tracks icon appears in the upper right corner, crossed out in red. But here the whole line is displayed. It would be enough if only the symbol is displayed. My setting is: hide top row automatically. Without the symbol it works but with the symbol it does not work.

freischneider

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 22, 2023, 01:03:46
@Menion the new long tap doesn't provide any visual feedback. You don't know whether anything has changed or the long tap has done anything until you return to the map. Could the long tap also return directly to the map?
I have another idea for feedback if something has changed with the Lang click.
It shows 30 / 16500. 30 tracks are shown out of 16500. Once the tracks are hidden the number 30 could turn red. So I see immediately so that what has changed and I also see in the side panel so that they are hidden.
The same could be done in the library. Normally there are only faded in at 0 a red 0 shown. here you could then also show 5 / 45. and the 5 then red for hidden.