[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

slarti76

Hi there, also my 2 cents to the new side panel:
First, like it! Wouldn't mind some more configuration (e.g. rarely using LoPoints, so would rather be able to hide those lines).

What I'm not quite happy with yet is the theme selector: When you change the theme, you still first have to go through the options screen everytime, even though now there's a dedicated button for that. When switching between themes, I rarely also need to change the current selection, so this is a superfluous step.
Also, the "layers" button may be technically correct, but I think most users will be confused and would rather call this "theme settings", so I propose to use a cogwheel icon.

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on June 14, 2023, 14:53:58When switching between themes, I rarely also need to change the current selection, so this is a superfluous step.
Yes, on theme switching it should definitely go back to content panel main screen.
A related question is, on theme change, should LM remember the last applied theme options or go back to the themes default (which I think it does now)? I have no opinion here. Tendency for "remember".
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: slarti76 on June 14, 2023, 14:53:58Hi there, also my 2 cents to the new side panel:
First, like it! Wouldn't mind some more configuration (e.g. rarely using LoP

Quote from: slarti76 on June 14, 2023, 14:53:58Hi there, also my 2 cents to the new side panel:
First, like it! Wouldn't mind some more configuration (e.g. rarely using LoPoints, so would rather be able to hide those lines).

What I'm not quite happy with yet is the theme selector: When you change the theme, you still first have to go through the options screen everytime, even though now there's a dedicated button for that. When switching between themes, I rarely also need to change the current selection, so this is a superfluous step.
Also, the "layers" button may be technically correct, but I think most users will be confused and would rather call this "theme settings", so I propose to use a cogwheel icon.

You have to click on the symbol and it will only change. If you click on the text then options will come up. The solution has been around for a long time.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

•  

T-mo

I suggest to put the legend button into theme's options dialog. I rarely use it but currently it requires extra thumb selection precision for theme options as right handed person.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: T-mo on June 14, 2023, 23:37:37I suggest to put the legend button into theme's options dialog. I rarely use it but currently it requires extra thumb selection precision as right handed person.

The button should stay there. I use them more often. So she can be reached quickly.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, thanks for the valuable feedback.

Yesterday, I published a new bug-fix version 4.17.2 (for 25% of users for now, but is, of course, available on the Drive). This version does not include this new map-screen content panel because I believe, there is still space for improvements. The updated Beta version will be published today or tomorrow and will hopefully address most of the comments posted here.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jonny.blue

Just installed Final 4.17 afk.

I could start LM only one time ... but now I have a crash while starting the app.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

jonny.blue

Hi,
because this problem causes my main device  :(  ...

Could this problem be solved?
Can I do something?
  •  

Menion

jonny, sorry, I'm working on it. The fix will be available on the Google Drive within an hour. Hope I've found a real reason for the issue you have.

Edit
Version published, so please try it and let me know, thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on June 15, 2023, 07:59:44
Quote from: T-mo on June 14, 2023, 23:37:37I suggest to put the legend button into theme's options dialog. I rarely use it but currently it requires extra thumb selection precision as right handed person.

The button should stay there. I use them more often. So she can be reached quickly.
Like T-mo, I also don't like it where it is now. Legend and theme options should at least be swapped (and I also agree, cogwheel for theme options).

Tapio

Some unimportant observation, what direction does the blue arrow show? GPS is off, Locus displays distance from map center to post box correctly. But the direction is weird.
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: Menion on June 15, 2023, 12:10:30Version published, so please try it and let me know, thanks!

I've installed 4.17.2.1108 ... but per mistake not the afa-version. 😳
LM is running but I can't use it because of all the different settings.
I can't find the AFA version ... is it ready for download?

Are my path settings gone  :'( or do they appear after installing afa?
  •  

jonny.blue

Btw ... the filenames for download versions are so long that I always have to guess what version is behind all those "....."
  •  

freischneider

All options have an icon on the far left. Not with the theme. Here you could make a circle with 2 arrows. See image . Then integrate the theme icon into this circle. Then the name and icon of the chosen theme. Then the icon for the legend. And then the gear to change the theme settings.
  •