[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

freischneider

Quote from: Tapio on June 10, 2023, 12:01:27What do you think about center aligning a not fully populated side bar? I always filled it only for aesthetics reasons.

Also notice how the copyright and map scale could go right, into the free space.
I think it's good if the bar is aligned at the bottom
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

Viajero Perdido

Thanks for mentioning the Tapiola theme; I wouldn't have noticed it.  First impressions are good.

I tried out the new V4 LoMaps too.  One thing that bugs me is: none of the OAM (V4/V5) themes in my collection, including this new one, show lake names.  It seems only Locus internal themes show lake names with LoMaps V4.

I may have to switch to LoMaps (depending on the fate of OAM), and would be stuck with a greatly reduced choice of themes if I want to see lake names ... which I consider essential.  Is it practical to fix this?

PS, I like how OAM handles lake (or similar object) names.  If multiple lakes share a common name in a relation (name=Pretty Lakes, example), it draws the name once at the centroid of the relation.  This is tidier than drawing the name on each of the (sometimes many) lakes, IMHO.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: settler

john_percy

@Viajero Perdido
Voluntary V5 LE which is compatible with both OAM and LoMaps shows names for lakes etc on Lomaps at zoom 16 and above. For technical reasons connected with  compatibility with OAM maps I don't show lake names on Lomaps below that.
Install the latest Voluntary theme for Locus from https://voluntary.nichesite.org

PS OAM takes the named area for a lake and creates a named point at the centre that appears at differing zoom levels, depending on the lake size.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

T-mo

Really like the new 'map-screen content'-menu. Quick access to theme's options, superb!

Slow opening already noted.

problem:
when having point- or track-layer set to no-show-state and then enabling points or tracks them get of course not shown. This might be irritating or understood as disfunction, definitely with only 1 point or track. Maybe show-state should be automatically switched to 'show'?

Bug: with track-layer set to no-show and then going to track-details, the preview-image with map does not get shown and when hitting the go-to-map-icon Locus runs into problems and jumps back or crashes.
With track-layer set to show everything is normal.

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 10, 2023, 17:14:54TAPIOLA theme ;-)
love it
Thanks, I wanted to talk about it a bit more if it's more mature and stay under the radar for a while. I know there can be some optimization and cleanup, but I'm busy these days. A Settler fork, so big kudos  to Andrey.

Some points.
- I'm a hiker, there is a focus on some aspects,huts etc, viewpoints...
- Overview, display of city names, suburbs etc. was important for me, in lower ZL. IMO very good overview in all zoom levels starting a 8/9
- I think I have solved hiking networks in low ZL quite well. Zoomed in, I'm still not 100% satisfied. Red full is the international routes, red with breaks is the other hk routes.
I've put them below ways, as in Voluntary. Voluntary is just so great.
- Parking has some crazy preference, that's not necessarily good for everybody, idk if I'll change.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on June 10, 2023, 18:31:11depending on the fate of OAM
OAM cannot die, must not die. I'm convinced he feels that itch to continue soon enough 🙏🏻

Menion

@Andrew Heard
- error when clicking a legend: issue in the theme. Legend is in this theme defined over "lnk" file it should contain the relative path to the XML file (as I wrote for example here).

I'm thinking if I should fix this on my side (rather not) so suggest to @karlchick to fix it in the theme.

@Tapio
hidden tracks + visible track waypoints > I would like to stay with the current solution, because waypoints are directly connected to the track!

@T-mo
agree that hide points/tracks need some tweaks. I'm currently changing it a little bit ...

Bug > ah, thanks, will be fixed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on June 12, 2023, 14:19:05- error when clicking a legend: issue in the theme. Legend is in this theme defined over "lnk" file it should contain the relative path to the XML file (as I wrote for example here).

I'm thinking if I should fix this on my side (rather not) so suggest to @karlchick to fix it in the theme.
@menion - thanks but as I said, it was working in the previous beta
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Can user made themes make use of that map legend interface as well? Screenshot.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
can't imagine how this may be possible. Maybe you used theme extracted, not in zip form?

@Tapio
no problem. We use a small generator for this, anyway created final version of EN legend for LoMap is attached here. Not sure how may I help you more with it ...

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on June 12, 2023, 19:59:25We use a small generator for this, anyway created final version of EN legend for LoMap is attached here. Not sure how may I help you more with it ...
OK, so the pictures are embedded into the html with base64. We may be able to customize it, but:

Is there a naming terminology so Locus makes use of that html and offers that extra button? I tried a bit, no success.

EDIT, nvm, I can analyze VolUK who successfully uses this way.
  •  

Menion

Hmm good point ... app currently supports local "pdf" files and external "html" links. So if you have a theme named "my_theme.xml", than app automatically searches for "my_theme.pdf" legend file. I'll improve this to the next app version and add also support for "my_theme.html" file.

Embedded images has a huge advantage: the display of such file is a lot faster because there is only a single request to download the file. Also, it allows using a theme embedded into the zipped theme. If there will be HTML + images, the legend in the "zip" won't work.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on June 12, 2023, 19:59:25can't imagine how this may be possible. Maybe you used theme extracted, not in zip form?
@menion will test better next week, 2 devices, Only 1 with error, probably my issue.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Now that we probably use track/point hiding more often: Anyone else thinking those very old icons aren't elegant? I never liked them tbh. Also, those white corners...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Andrew Heard

I don't mind either way, as it's a good visual reminder of a temporary situation