Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

All those unwanted, not asked for POI, of various categories, really shouldn't appear. And their color permanently changes on moving map.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

@balloni55
ah sorry! I've found one issue that may cause it so give it a try with just generated and published Beta version, thanks.

@Tapio
anything related to search, best place => https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8436.0 . I'm not responsible for this feature at all and Marek, Radim and Jan take care of the feedback in a separate topic. Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotee it a try with just generated and published Beta version,
sorry, no improvement

for your info, with LMP on same device it work
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CabrioTourer

•  

Menion

@balloni55
ah damn. I really found and fixed a crash in this screen.

Interesting is that I see most probably a few ANR (App not responding) in the auto-report tool and all are because the app is for unknown reasons stuck on the check for offline elevation files. All this probably due to map shading. Try to disable it if it helps ???

I'll have to look at it, thanks for now.

@CabrioTourer
forget to check it, sorry. I'm doing it now and can't simulate any problem. Sure, I see two points on the map after steps you made > the original one and the copy of the point moved on the track. App needs a via-point on the track so it shifts the coordinates of the selected via-point ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

@menion
QuoteAll this probably due to map shading. Try to disable it if it helps
thanks, with disabeled map shading there is no problem :P
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

joeloc

The new search broke a very vital feature: I can no longer locate something in Google Maps and then share the point directly to Locus. That used to work nicely, now Locus simply opens the search dialog and then does nothing.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: joeloc on May 26, 2023, 10:47:42The new search broke a very vital feature: I can no longer locate something in Google Maps and then share the point directly to Locus. That used to work nicely, now Locus simply opens the search dialog and then does nothing.
Create an own red pin by longtap in Google Maps, then share to Joeloc Map 4.
Issue has been mentioned already.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

CabrioTourer

@Menion Sorry for getting back on this:

1.I can delete the point on the map and reopen the tour in tourplanner afterwards. The via point is still there.
2. The calculation when moving a point left or right from the via point works, too.

So it looks useless.

Anyway if there is still a reason why it's needed, it shouldnt be shown on map.
It has not the same options as a normal point. Any change here will (following your reason) influence the route.
This has a high potential that users do something wrong without notice.
For a user it even looks like an error in Locus.

I noticed a collection of same points on map quite often. Sometimes I had not just two but up to 5 or 6.
Not sure how they were created but I think it was because of changes in the route after first creation. At least the routes with the most changes has the most number of same points on map.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: joeloc on May 26, 2023, 10:47:42The new search broke a very vital feature: I can no longer locate something in Google Maps and then share the point directly to Locus. That used to work nicely, now Locus simply opens the search dialog and then does nothing.
@joeloc, @tapio - not even a red pin is needed, I just long-tap in Maps > share > LM4.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 26, 2023, 16:39:21
@joeloc, @tapio - not even a red pin is needed, I just long-tap in Maps > share > LM4.
True, that works for me. Does it share coordinates directly whereas the other method would share the name only and then search again in Locus? Then only the "search again" thing is broken. Not that I need it, now that I know the trick. But it's still weird when you share something to Locus and it comes to front and then does nothing.

Speaking about search: I remember a long time ago being able to search e.g. "bike shops" in Locus. I would then get a list of all shops in a town and could simply multiselect and import them all at once. That was super useful when you had to shop around for parts / repairs on the road. I can't seem to make that work anymore. Has nothing to do with new search, multi selecting search results hasn't worked in years. Or maybe I am just imagining this...

joeloc

Thanks for finally making it possible to hide the Copyright button. Maybe my current Amoled display will live a longer and happier life now :-).

Just need to find a solution for status bar and navbar. In an ideal world, they should probably appear and disappear together with the Locus UI but I can't seem to make that work. There's only one setting for this? Expert settings / immersive mode?

T-mo

Quote from: joeloc on May 28, 2023, 17:07:45There's only one setting for this? Expert settings / immersive mode?
yes, with that you can go 100% fullscreen, might depent on Android-Version. Menion has intensively tweaked this 2 versions ago or sort of as there have been some ups and downs along devices.
I have also choosen to auto-hide the Locus-panels (controlling > panels & buttons > visibility) to get max. map-area, they appear with a simple tap.
  •  

Andrew Heard

all those issues are the same for me; hopefully one step backwards & eventually 2 steps forward
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •