[APP] - version 4.17.+ ( 5/2023 )

Started by Menion, May 16, 2023, 12:25:26

freischneider

Quote from: settler on May 19, 2023, 07:45:59
Quote from: Menion on May 17, 2023, 07:27:33@settler
nope, sorry.
This one should be less disturbing and helps to distinguish really active content on the screen (buttons) from the simple toolbar.

Please consider reverting the menu colors to their previous state. The new (bright light blue) colors are very annoying. The old shade was optimal.

I think the best option is to make it configurable from the "expert menu".
You're going to have to get used to it. I find it much better. Besides, it is only optics and is very rarely shown. Therefore, we should not waste time on it and rather invest it in better function. On the main map it is not visible at all and this is normally used 80% of the time.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

settler

Quote from: freischneider on May 19, 2023, 08:50:19Therefore, we should not waste time on it and rather invest it in better function.

Just return everything as it was, it will take no time.

And if you really want to change colors, make your own new color option through the expert menu or in the themes of the locus interface (if it will be in the future). Without spoiling the familiar user interface. Thank you.
  •  

Andrew Heard

You could create a help topic for voting, but I like the new colour scheme.
LM4.23.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

luce

Blue is beautiful! I like the new colour scheme, too!  :)
But, as freischneider said, it's a side side topic  ;)

TrulloF

Offline LoPoints still don't respect theme definitions and always overlay icon definitions in v4 themes with Locus default icons. That's true for all themes like Voluntary and other custom themes. With v3 maps the behaviour is different in the way that offline  LoPoints are depicted as defined by the theme and not as extra overlay.

john_percy

Quote from: TrulloF on May 20, 2023, 10:33:30Offline LoPoints still don't respect theme definitions and always overlay icon definitions in v4 themes with Locus default icons. That's true for all themes like Voluntary and other custom themes. With v3 maps the behaviour is different in the way that offline  LoPoints are depicted as defined by the theme and not as extra overlay.
I believe there is a possibility that @Menion will open up the icon theme in the future, which would allow third party themes to style the poi icons as previously.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

TrulloF

Quote from: john_percy on May 20, 2023, 10:58:59
Quote from: TrulloF on May 20, 2023, 10:33:30Offline LoPoints still don't respect theme definitions and always overlay icon definitions in v4 themes with Locus default icons. That's true for all themes like Voluntary and other custom themes. With v3 maps the behaviour is different in the way that offline  LoPoints are depicted as defined by the theme and not as extra overlay.
I believe there is a possibility that @Menion will open up the icon theme in the future, which would allow third party themes to style the poi icons as previously.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

That would be great. As a temporary fix I commented out most icons in my own theme...
  •  

joeloc

Is the most useless button in all Locus history properly hideable now like all other UI elements?
  •  

WujTom

With the last update, there was a problem with voice commands in Polish.
Now it is, for example, "after the first, four km turn right" and it should be "in one, four km turn right".
In addition, at roundabouts it says "take eighth exit" every time, no matter which exit we have to leave.
I checked on two phones, it's the same.
  •  

luce

Hello,

sharing a location from Google Maps doesn't work any more. Instead of creating a POI with the shared coordinates on the map, locus opens the new seach pane – and then nothing happens.

See video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5gvAbpdIGO8c9Wxym7A

Best, Lucas
  •  

michaelbechtold

•  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
Missing values in magnifier ... well, we may consider it as bug, but on the background, it is a technical limitation of the system I choose, sorry.

@TrulloF
I've written about it in a different topic. How V4 maps & LoPoints work is not a bug! V4 maps never supported direct connection to offline LoPoints. Offline LoPoints were always rendered by the last used V3 theme even if the V4 map & theme were active!!

We have prepared a method to customize this behavior but it is not (yet) public.

Ah, I now see that @john_percy answered correctly. Yup, we will definitely make this system public.

@joeloc
"the most useless button" - you mean the "Main menu"? It has had this option already for some time ;).
Joeloc, don't be an ass too much, please. If you noticed, I've already added quite a lot of options mainly because You needed them and because I understand the problem you try to solve. On the second side, there won't be many people who use the app the way you do, that is the fact. So do not expect I'll modify "Locus Map" to "Joeloc map", sorry. And yes, the option to auto-hide the "Copyright button", btw. from my point of view very important button that respects ownership of the content authors, will be added in the next app version.

@WujTom
interesting. We were fighting a similar issue on the help desk a few days ago. The result was that with Google TTS it does not work and with Samsung TTS it worked correctly. I see no problem on my device, interesting. May you please try to change a TTS engine? Thanks.

@luce
already reported (also in a new Search-only topic), thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on May 22, 2023, 12:53:05Missing values in magnifier ... well, we may consider it as bug, but on the background, it is a technical limitation of the system I choose, sorry.
@menion - no worries - the text size setting was a good workaround, funny (after all these years) I'd never tried that setting before now!!
LM4.23.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

TrulloF

Ok, thanks @Menion and @john_percy for clarification. Now I got it  :) and I'll wait for the public solution.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
bug-fix version 4.17.1/3.68.1 published!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download