[APP] - version 4.16.+ ( 4/2023 )

Started by Menion, April 25, 2023, 21:58:06

Menion

Hi guys,

@lor74cas
I've informed @Radim V about it. Should be improved in the one of next app versions.

@Gerhard57
ah, thanks. Info about "Presets" fixed.

@Tapio
backup info improved, thanks

@joeloc
Default folder for saving points: sorry, can't confirm the mentioned problem. The folder that should be preselected is only saved when you leave "Edit point" screen. Not in any other case.

Deadly recording button: as mentioned by @Tapio , this is not a bug but an intent. If you have a problem with current behavior, the solution may be to hide it permanently and add a "Track record" button into the functions panel.

"Live chat" icon > this should be visible in case, the owner of the live tracking room enabled "Live chat" in the room settings.

@balloni55
good observation, thanks. G4L use different generated ID for logs and it caused this. I've reworked whole system and also improved detection of duplications so it should work correctly in the next app version, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

joeloc

Quote from: Menion on May 05, 2023, 14:54:16@joeloc
Default folder for saving points: sorry, can't confirm the mentioned problem. The folder that should be preselected is only saved when you leave "Edit point" screen. Not in any other case.

Confirmed... but apparently you also save that when you leave the edit point screen with "Cancel". Shouldn't Cancel keep everything as is without changes to anything?

Apparently that happened a lot to me lately, I seem to misclick the Edit icon quite often since I set Locus to full screen. Silly me... but anyway... :-)
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Menion on May 05, 2023, 14:54:16"Live chat" icon > this should be visible in case, the owner of the live tracking room enabled "Live chat" in the room settings.
Ok... apparently Locus made a group for me with just me inside (and the public group) and that's what made the icon appear. I removed the "just me" group and now it's gone. Thanks for the clarification.
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Menion on May 05, 2023, 14:54:16Deadly recording button: as mentioned by @Tapio , this is not a bug but an intent. If you have a problem with current behavior, the solution may be to hide it permanently and add a "Track record" button into the functions panel.
Hm... ok... not pretty but I can do that. How about making the intentionally visible recording button 50% opaque when it's set to auto-hide and recording is active? Just an idea... never mind... the functions panel method works. Thanks.
  •  

joeloc

Btw, as you may notice, I am still desperately trying to hide every single locus ui element which is permanently visible at a fixed location. The time for permament AMOLED burnin (on Samsung Galaxy devices at least) is measured in weeks or months, not years. Five hours per day at full brightness for a month on a bicycle and you are guaranteed a phone with permament Locus markings... even with the latest and greatest and most expensive devices.

The only thing I cannot get rid of for now is the Copyright button. 50% visibility is not(!) a fix btw, this will only delay the problem.

The cursor will also burn in sooner or later. I cant hide it obviously, it's quite important. My current fix is to change its size slightly every few days, that might help for a while.
  •  

Menion

New Locus Map, Beta 4.16.0.2
Finally with the new "Online search system". I'm glad to introduce a half year of work of three people > I believe that after 10+ years, finally usable online address & LoPoints search.  :)

I have nothing to do with it, so all questions to @Radim V & @Marek Scholtz . Because it is a big feature, everyone who wants to ask something or discuss it, Marek created a separate topic for this here. They'll be of course very glad for any feedback!

Enjoy the weekend!

@joeloc
thanks. I'll have to think about what you wrote a little more next days. Too late tonight ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

4.16.0.2 after displaying point details, either from new search or old LoPoints(beta) then tap the 5-dot position icon on the preview map @ the top of the panel, LM crashes every time. There is no option to generate a report.

Offline places - sometimes all it displays is this name. Not able to enter any details. Switch to another search type then back to offline places, and now a textbox is displayed.

The Search hamburger menu sometimes seems unresponsive (or slow) to a tap. Is it really needed to jiggle this icon everytime?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Tapio

Also noticed crashes. IDK, showing results on map, then dragging map, crash at some point.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

luce

Hello,

nice update 4.16.0.2 :)
Looking forward to testing the new search system.

Something different:
When navigating with the new version 4.16.0.2, both information panels at the top of the screen don't work any more. No matter what option I choose, the information doesn't change. The values don't change either, the kilometers to the target stay at 24.4 km all the time  :)
See video:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5gvABnGqNr2_Pa36dNA

Best, Lucas
  •  

luce

... and the navigation panel (the one with the big arrow) doesn't show up any more during navigation – neither the small nor the big one.
  •  

luce

New online search:
When searching for a POI, e.g. a bank, the online search is sorting the results according to my current location, not according to the cursor's position. This makes it impossible to search something in a distant place.

balloni55

@luce
turn off GPS, so cursor position is used
BTW as menion wrote in #20 there is a separat topic for new "Online search system".
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: balloni55 on May 07, 2023, 19:32:19turn off GPS, so cursor position is used

I hope this is just a workaround, not by design.

When I'm standing in one place but the cursor is at another, my attention is at the other place, and I'd like the search / weather forecast / whatever to be at that location.  Just my opinion.

slarti76

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on May 07, 2023, 19:47:33
Quote from: balloni55 on May 07, 2023, 19:32:19turn off GPS, so cursor position is used

I hope this is just a workaround, not by design.

When I'm standing in one place but the cursor is at another, my attention is at the other place, and I'd like the search / weather forecast / whatever to be at that location.  Just my opinion.
Totally agreed!
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on May 07, 2023, 19:47:33I hope this is just a workaround, not by design.
Agreed. And while recording a track, this is not even a reasonable workaround.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •