New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
25. 4. 2023 - Locus 4.16.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Quoteadd: option to set an individual track elevation threshold - customizable optimization of the elevation gain (Expert settings)
Some background info please? Hasn't this been discussed somewhere here?

I noticed, initial threshold varies, on what basis? Changing threshold can change elevation gain drastically.

For those who didn't find yet: set setting according to screenshot, then you have a slider in 'edit info' of a track...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

balloni55

Hello menion
where can we get the description?

chg: completely new and more flexible system for geocaching icons
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
there is a topic here. I've in the end hidden this function under Expert settings because I'm sure, we will discuss this a little more.

What does this value do? It specifies a minimal change in the altitude when computing elevation up/down sums.

@balloni55
Here is it necessary to re-import caches. After that, check icons that should be created from multiple icons, like "Found cache that is premium + disabled". All info should be visible at once.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Graf Geo

Quote from: Menion on April 26, 2023, 16:47:38...
What does this value do? It specifies a minimal change in the altitude when computing elevation up/down sums.

I find this new feature quite interesting. Whereas "minimal change in the altitude" is relative - moving the slider by a few metres can result in significant differences in elevation up/down sums.

I have tried a lower value (3 m) for tracks in flatter terrain and a higher value (5 m or more) in mountainous terrain - but in the end the function shows well how difficult the calculation of realistic elevation gain/loss is. Good solution to put the function in the Expert Settings. Thanks for the update!
SG S10, Android 12
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

lor74cas

4 months and 3 versions ago I reported this issue with the planners
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?msg=69978
still not solved

Military road
access = no
but ...
foot = permissive
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/220542005

:'(

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Gerhard57

Quotefix: (SILVER) activating of Presets by long-tapping an item in function panel
works: but selecting Information instead of a preset opens the Information for the dashboard
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Menion, if the backup includes everything that is supported, please describe it as "complete backup" - because otherwise we need to double check.

CabrioTourer

Is it just me?

In preset edit dialog there are two settings with description "display or hide xyz".
What means setting enabled in this case? Is enabled stands for display or for hide ?
For me it's not clear. I just guess enabled means display.

Is it not enough to use just "Display xyz"?
Like "Display Navigation statistics"

It's not only in english language. Also in others.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: settler

Tapio

Quote from: CabrioTourer on May 02, 2023, 22:25:40What means setting enabled in this case?
Well, the description indeed is a bit different here, but as always, the checkbox only defines if the setting is included in the preset. Everything is fine.
  •  

joeloc

When creating a new point (by long tap), the folder for that point defaults to the folder of the last point CLICKED. That's wrong, it should default to the folder of the last point ENTERED.

Viewing points and entering points are two very different things. I have plenty visible point folders, yet during a trip, I always want to add points to a single folder for that trip.

I am pretty sure this worked properly before. The change/bug must have been introduced lately. Please fix, I keep creating points in random folders just because I view stuff in-between.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

joeloc

The red button while recording a track does NOT auto-hide, even though it's configured to do so in Settings. Shouldnt it act just like the other buttons and toolbars, go away after a while and come back on single tap? The auto-hide option has no effect at all here.

Hiding the button completely works, but that's not what I want.

Please fix asap... this is a high contrast item at a fixed position and responsible for killing Samsung displays permanently. Our Locus Display Death counter is at 5 Samsung Galaxy meanwhile: two S8+, one S10+, one S20FE, one S22ultra.
  •  

joeloc

There is a weird Chat button on top/left since a few versions that always(!) appears when I turn on my live position transfer. It's quite useless to me as I never want to locus-chat anybody, let alone myself, which is all it offers when clicked. How can I get rid of that thing? I am pretty sure it wasn't there before and it's just another fixed-location item that will eventually kill AMOLED screens.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: joeloc on May 04, 2023, 15:41:54The red button while recording a track does NOT auto-hide, even though it's configured to do so in Settings.
I wanted to report it once, but then I realized it's probably on purpose. It does not autohide only if a recording is active. It's debatable. I'm undecided and can live with it the way it is.
  •  

balloni55

If i import geocaches via "Geocaching tools"/ "Search for geocaches" the logs are displayed once as expected :)
After i update these caches with GC4L all logs are displayed twice :o
see sec 35 in screencast

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxqu5qkmhcjj8yc/twice.mp4?dl=0

Importing these caches with GC4L and run a update with GC4L the logs are furthermore displayed once
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •