Waypoint location and notes via voice???

Started by 11elevenths, April 25, 2023, 15:44:28

11elevenths

I ride with a few people through remote areas and I see things I'd like to know more about and want to look in to later but I can't stop, take off my gloves, set in a waypoint.  I know locus can add audio to a waypoint.

What would be the best is an audio command like "Hey Locus save audio waypoint" then it begins recording my voice for 20 seconds then saves and goes back to the normal screen.

I have asked on the locus forum and apparently the Tasker app might be able to do this but I could never get anywhere with it.

Recently I was surprised that all this can be done but it takes a bit more effort.

I created a contact on my phone "Tommy" and set it to the same number on the phone.

"Hey google share my location with Tommy" will autoinsert location in to a text, then "Send"

"Hey google send message to Tommy" will open a message field and I can dictate a message, then "Send"

"Hey Google open Locus map pro" brings you back in to locus.

So when I get home I open the texts and cut and paste the coordinates in to locus create a waypoint and enter the text based on the following message using the time stamps.

So this is a bit of work but in the course of a day there might be 5.

Does anyone know an app that can do this better or a google voice command that would create a voice to text message with location attached or even a voice audio message with location attached????????

Or even a way to launch video recording that will record my voice and it doesn't matter the image...but have a location in the video meta data?

...or a way to do this within locus???

Ps...I believe this will work offline...if not using email instead will.
  •  

freischneider

I think this can all be done with Tasker. Tasker records your language as a memo and can also store the location.
You can start it with Hey Google or with a BT button.
I control Locus with such a remote control. In winter touch with gloves is not possible.
Zoom in / out
Screen on / off
Move map with JoyStick
etc.
One button I use to start voice recognition. With it I switch between Locus / camera / WhatsApp / e-bike app etc.
Set track points with specific names in the text. I say path 3 and Tasker saves a track point in Locus with the name forest path_degree3

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

11elevenths

I guess you are saying try tasker again as a separate stand alone app just to record my voice and have location attached automatically?  Ok I will try again.

I do remember reading somewhere there is a tanker add on or plug in for locus but that is not part of this right?

I currently use one of these BT controllers to, zoom, center, scroll around screen and switch between north up and rotate to direction of travel.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08333VD6D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using this method to get it to work with locus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNpsNsMi0Xc

It seems to work ok.  Are you saying use something like this to 1 button begins tasked recording?

Do you have a tasker profile you could share that can do this or any YouTube links how to do it?

Tia,
  •  

freischneider

I use the R1 remote control. This has 6 buttons + joystick to move the map.
more info and links can be found here.
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/locus-map-free-und-pro-zum-mtbiken.843128/page-11#post-16937155
  •  

11elevenths

thanks for that.  So to clarify...you are using that remote to control locus and one of the buttons to launch taker audio record with location?

Who you save your audio records with location you are not saving them within the locus app but in taster?

tia
  •  

freischneider

No I do not save recordings. The key can be used to start a task in Tasker. What this task should do, you define yourself. There are infinite possibilities in Tasker.
I use the key to start the task "Start Autovoice". With Autovoice I can start a lot of tasks. And I can trigger thousands of functions. Switch apps, save points in the track including location and with a defined name. Call legend, change preset, show or change dashboard, save photo point and so on.
  •