used "font" in opened listing

Started by balloni55, April 18, 2023, 19:13:47

balloni55

Hello menion
In the original listing of the example the font "Comic Sans MS" is used.
I don't know which font is taken in the open listing in locus, but this one is outdoor very hard to readYou cannot view this attachment.
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Looks like the cache owner is at fault here, for specifying "cursive" as a backup to Comic Sans MS.

It doesn't surprise me that the Microsoft font isn't available on the phone (it might surprise the CO), and obviously Android provides a font to satisfy "cursive" requests.
  •  

Menion

I'm worried, I can hardly do something with here. Most probably should be possible to completely ignore custom fonts in the full-listing page, but it is not what we want here right?

Small part of the listing visible directly in the point detail use a very simple text-field that doesn't support custom fonts at all.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

For me, custom fonts are nice on the PC, but mostly annoying in the app.
a way to turn them off in the config would be very good
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Sonny

Quote from: balloni55 on April 19, 2023, 08:04:47a way to turn them off in the config would be very good

Good idea! So maybe you want to post it in the helpdesk https://help.locusmap.eu

Menion

I'm looking at it and disabling custom fonts is not so easy, mainly because it really should be optional. As I see, even the official geocaching app has an identical problem.

Sorry, in such rare cases, I'll rather let it as is now, thanks for understanding.

---

EDIT: ah I see now, geocaching app has two tabs where the second display plain text, not HTML. Hmm, interesting solution ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •