Displaying litter bins?

Started by Jochen K, April 03, 2023, 17:01:53

Jochen K

Hi,

I only just noticed a tiny but annoying problem with Locus Map 4/Gold.

My particular interest when I enter stuff into OSM are foot paths ad cycle paths, together with any benches and litter bins beside them.

Today I followed a foot path that I had recorded some years ago, needed a litter bin to get rid of a wrapper - and found that Locus 4, unlike Locus Pro, apparently didn't display them.

I tried out all relevant online and offline maps and all themes  available in the app.

Some of my choices led to a display of the benches I had entered into OSM, but: no litter bins.

Is there anything I can do?
From Bonn on the river Rhine,
2000 years old
but young at heart.
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
LoMaps doesn't include benches or trash cans. There have already been ideas to add such POIs as a separate category to the Online/Offline POI database. However, there is no precise plan to implement such categories in the POI databases at this moment.
Thanks,
Petr
  •  

freischneider

Benches make sense. OAM also has them in the cards. But you don't need trash cans on an outdoor map. Every hiker takes his trash home again.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Jochen K

Quote from: freischneider on April 03, 2023, 21:38:13Benches make sense. OAM also has them in the cards. But you don't need trash cans on an outdoor map. Every hiker takes his trash home again.

Whether I need them or not is irrelevant; what concerns me is that in v.3 I could see them (not sure about LoMaps, but certainly in OpenAndroMaps), in v.4 I can't.
From Bonn on the river Rhine,
2000 years old
but young at heart.
  •  

Tapio

I searched OAM Germany (as in screenshot) for "litter" or "trash", no related results. I'd argue they need to be allowed to be displayed via the theme - but they need to exist in the first place.

Please provide a lat, lon, I want to look at such an object in osm, thx
In what category are they supposed to be?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •