KMZ file "not found"

Started by Vulle, April 01, 2023, 12:12:41

Vulle

Hello,
since a few weeks I suddenly cannot load any kmz files. (My KMZs are raster files generated from laser data and important for my scientific research). It must have to do with new restrictions of android. I succeeded to move the data into the folder ...menion.android.locus>files>Locus>mapitems, but trying to activate the KMZs in Locus fails, generating an empty file with the same name, but _001 added, or 002 if I try it a second time etc. A lot of points I had marked are also disappeared. Locus Map 4.15.2, Android 12. On my old tablet, mostly offline, all works OK (Android 8.1, Galaxy Tab A, 2016). Who can help?
  •  

Tapio

You may want to try Android/media/menion.android.locus/...

But I have, fortunately, no experience with Android >10
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hmm and how do you move your files into Locus Map directory? Suggest giving a try to file-browsers that are capable of access to app's private directories. From what I know (and use), Solid Explorer is able ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Vulle

Thanks, Menion, but I store my many KMZs on a Windows PC and want to copy them into the new directory. Indeed, I did not succeed doing that with Windows Explorer (other than I said above), or Android had deleted those files instantly. What I need is another kind of file explorer working on the PC, which can generate the menion...mapitems subfolder on the smartphone which is connected to the PC by USB cable, and to move the KMZs into that subfolder. Or is it possible using Windows explorer as administrator? On my homepage www.celtic-fields.com I offer hundreds of KMT for download and have a special page for this special use of Locus Map: www.celtic-fields.com/CFsFinden-e.htm. So far I know was Locus Map the single App which could show KMZ raster images offline and georeferenced together with your own location, and that worked very well in the older versions. Ore will all trouble be forgotten if I install Locus once again?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
a few weeks ago, we had a problem with a file system that affected maybe 30% of users. The fact that app creates some empty files when you try to open a KML file is weird.

Oki, may you please try to back up and fully reinstall the Locus Map app? Sorry for the extra work, but I believe it may help in this case.

I wrote more about the mentioned issue here.
  •  

Vulle

New Installation helped, many thanks! Anyhow, I installed L.M. Classic instead of 4. Vulle
  •  

Menion

Perfect. Locus Classic is good enough  ;)
  •