bug out?

Started by 11elevenths, March 30, 2023, 18:12:59

11elevenths

have not used in a while.  I downloaded the new build of the adventure theme from https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsixefhwv26v42j/Adventure.zip?dl=0

the file when downloaded was a folder and I thought it was supposed to be zipped so I zipped it on a Mac using 13.2 then copied the zipped file in to the themes folder.

Then started locus and it freaked and flashes in orange the attached message.  I then restarted locus no change, restarted phone multiple times no change, then removed adventure.zip and no change.  locust continues to flash this?

anybody know how to stop this?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Never saw such, but from the error message it smells like the theme XML is somewhat rogue.

I would close Locus, look at the INT SD private folder of Locus, go -> cache -> map -> themes and clean that manually. On my device I found an extracted copy of the ZIP theme, so you MIGHT be lucky.
Which still does not tell why your theme breaks.
  •  

Menion

Interesting. As wrote @michaelbechtold + select some different working theme!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

11elevenths

There was an offending folder in themes with the name MAC_OSX which was from me compressing the new Adventure theme on my mac and no matter what program I tried, sold explorer etc. would not delete this folder....this is what was causing the apache xml blinking error.  I manually exported 2 tracks to gpx files that were after the last full backup then did a full restore and got it working again.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion