Locus Tasker addon not working

Started by Tapio, March 09, 2023, 10:19:41

Tapio

Hey Locus Tasker addon users,

I'm using latest Tasker beta and recent Locus stable - Tasker Addon is not working for me. Is it working for you?

The Tasker dev is heavily struggling with Google and has to change a lot because of Android 13, so it's very well possible it is some kind of inter-application restriction going on here.

Tasks can still be started via Quick Bookmarks, "tasker://assistantactions?task=..."

I also asked on LocusTasker Github. https://github.com/Falcosc/locus-addon-tasker/issues/32

Thx.

You cannot view this attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

I'm not much skilled with tasker (unfortunately), but a simple task I made to execute quick bookmark, seems to work as expected, interesting. Do you think there are exact steps I may try to simulate this issue?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Neoaliphant

Hi Tapio

im running latest locus 4.15 on 2 devices, Samsung with A13, and pco with A12, just checked the Tasker function is working fine and its launching my tasks ( a tasker menu)

but i did notice i had to click on it twice....

what app permissions do you have for the plugin and tasker/locus
feel free to email at this username at gmail.com

Tapio

Quote from: Neoaliphant on March 09, 2023, 13:29:42what app permissions do you have

Aww, you're the man, I was thinking much more complicated and checked more complicated realms (os-restrictions in allowing to start Tasker from other apps).

And it was indeed just a missing App permission of Locus Tasker - screenshot. It's almost embarassing, haha...

Solved - thank you so much!
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on March 09, 2023, 12:46:53Do you think there are exact steps I may try to simulate this issue?
Thanks for the offer. You see, it's solved.

So this was about the numerous places which may restrict Tasker/Locus/TaskerAddon in doing their (inter-app) business.

a) app permissions
b) background running/allow start app from another one (in Huawei that is found under "App-Start")
c) (Vendor) OS sending apps to sleep
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Neoaliphant

Excellent

another common problem is the android automatic permissions removal if you dont use an app for a while.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio