It is looking in the following way:

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
what you see is correct for raster map.

Anyway to sum it: 4 years old app version for sure supported
- raster maps created in the mentioned RMaps SQLite format
- vector maps created in MapsForge V3 format (not sure if V4 was supported)

Because I do not own any BB device, I cannot do any tests to check why the new version can't be installed, sorry. We were writing about raster maps, because with Mobac, you may simply create a raster map with fresh data. There most probably won't be MapsForge V3 maps created from new data and Mobac most probably isn't able to create vector map tiles. Howgh..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

PS: I just scrolled through the MOBAC OUTPUT formats: while I do not know all of them, they all smell like raster maps (with different image format outputs and wrappings). But of course Mapsforge INPUT can be processed by MOBAC since many years.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Wandersleut

Hi,
I tried all formats, which do not have the output format in the title (a work for a data slave :( ).
No one provided a vector map, which could be imported by Locus. Hence I have to work with the MapsForge Files => Locus is working very, very slow.

Maybe somebody can help me with an other issue with the Locus version 3.37.2:
I try to install the Elevate Themes. I loaded the files as defined in several chats:
- decompress the zip-file to mapsvector/_themes
- put all files&directories there
- start Locus
- try tp change the themes with the botton on left side. BUT: no additional themes are listed there!?! Only the "Allgemein" or general.

I tried to install "Elevate2", on top to Elevate2 the "ElevateLE", only the "ElevateLE" and "Elevate4332". None of them are shown in Locus. Which is the correct one for Locus 3.37.2?
  •  

Menion

And which mapsForge-based vector map do you have currently selected, exactly? And what map themes do you see?
  •  

Wandersleut

Hi,
I am using the map-files from:
http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/download.mapsforge.org/maps/v5/
map-Files

They are shown correctly with my locus version. But because the files are a little bit bigger and my BB-processor is old, the speed to show and slide them is quite (or more accurate: very, very) slow.
Important: but they are v5 !!

All of the themes are not shown at all, see:

You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Menion

Because app internal themes support only V3 maps. In this case, you need themes for V5 maps.
Anyway seems that this older app version already supports new map format, fine. In this case, did you try the OpenAndroMaps directly? Because these maps should work correctly together with their Elevate themes.
  •  

Wandersleut

I tried the mapForge and OpenAndroMaps. Both are working fine. The OAM are much bigger (1653MB instead 246MB), which makes the BB not faster.
I tried both maps with Elevate themes v5, v4332, vLE and V2. No combination is working.
=> closed. Seems not to be possible in this combination.

I tried to import the POIs from OAM. It is not possible to import them via
- "menu", "import"
- "menu", "points", set-up a group of points, "...", "import"
Do you know whether it is possible to import .poi files in 3.37.2? It seems it isn't.
  •  

Menion

No version of Locus Map supports ".poi" files. As far as I know, OpenAndroMaps provide also ".osm.db" files that should be most probably supported on your device. These files brings support for offline LoPoints and offline address search.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Menion on March 20, 2023, 09:17:07No version of Locus Map supports ".poi" files. As far as I know, OpenAndroMaps provide also ".osm.db" files that should be most probably supported on your device. These files brings support for offline LoPoints and offline address search.
Yes to statement #1, but there is no address data in the OAM osm.db files, only the OSM POIs
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Wandersleut

Hmmmm, also the .osm.db files are not accepted by 3.37.2: the locus to don't show the file as an importable file at all (grey instead of black).

Also an issue of the old version?  :-\
  •  

Menion

@Wandersleut I'm sorry, but I do not exactly remember what supported the 4-year-old Locus app version and because even a new app still natively supports Android 5.0+, I do not want to spend time by playing and testing of this old version and checking which map and database files works and which not.

I understand that your device (for an unknown reason) refuses to install the new version, but I can hardly help with it, sorry, and thanks for understanding.
  •