Problem Track-Import

Started by Scratchi, July 19, 2011, 13:46:02

Scratchi

Hi,
I`m from Germany and i love your app! I use it mainly for Geocaching with HTC Desire!

In 2 weeks I wan`t to make a bikingtour and I want to Import a Track .gpx file
But it didn`t works. If I import the file, the app says "One Track importet" but it won`t show in any Category or in the Tracks. What do I wrong?

Ps.: In first time I did it, it has done. But after a restart the track was away.
      I´ve tried tracks in other Apss and it works!

Sorry for bad English!

Greetz,     Jan
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  you're Jan who wrote me email yesterday right? I just tested your track and seems to works fine. Import and showing is correct for me. Only problems seems that name is displayed only as "Track" and not as "RRP-Track 0002" as is in file.

When you import track, track is stored in Data Manager under 'Tracks' icon. When you check checkbox on right, track appear on map or you should tap on track an select 'map' which load track and center map on start of this track.

Write me if you have still any problem
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Scratchi

Hi!

There are no tracks under the Icon Track! Nothing.
  •  

Menion

This is weird. May you try to draw some route manually? By function "Add new route". This route should be saved under same "Tracks" icon as recorded and also as imported tracks. If you'll see message "Track X saved" after you confirm name of your manually created track, then it have to be in 'Tracks screen'. So in same place have to be your imported track.
  •  

Scratchi

hi! Ap says Track X saved but there is no track under Tracks :-(
  •  

markotter

Hi Menion,

I have exactly the same problem. But - I have 2 phones (Samsung Galaxy S and LG OO) with the same version of LocusPro. I have one GPX track which I import the same way to both phones. In LG is track visible, In Samsung not ("no tracks in Locus category"). In addition - tracks made manually do not appear in Data manager on Samsung as well. Differnece between these phones is that Samsung has Locus data directory on external SD.

Regards marek
  •  

jusc

Does the Galaxy have a second sdcard?
The Locus installation differs a bit on my Galaxy Tab and the Defy
On Galaxy there is a directory mnt/sdcard/external_sd/locus/data/import.
On Defy it is sdcard/Locus/data/import. Maybe a problem?
J.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm card directory should not have influence on some import feature. don't know ... with these cases I also think about some problem with SQL database. Try to delete (backup before) file Locus/data/dbtracks.sqll ... it's storage for tracks. So Locus will create new file with next start
  •  

markotter

So, deleting the dbtracks.sqll file helped! Thanks for support.

Marek
  •