how to check coverage of routing & elevation files

Started by Andrew Heard, February 28, 2023, 21:16:03

Andrew Heard

I am travelling through New Zealand. I downloaded the East & West maps from the Locus store along with routing & elevation files. Twice now, once on east & west coast of the south island the LM4 route planner tells me that it needs to download a routing file. This is somewhat inconvenient. After the download & recalculate, the routing is perfect BTW, so nice integrated system... but A) how to confirm before a trip that the files are consistent, B) how to ensure it won't happen on fresh download of the New Zealand maps.

apologies - I intended to use the help system for this topic but too late now.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hi Andrew,
hmm, I'll check it because it looks more like a problem (yes, again) with -180/180 border. I'm sure for countries away from this longitude, it will work correctly and all necessary data will be available.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

it's a strange issue. I have a phone & tablet while touring. They should have identical maps & router files on both. I had created a route ok on one device. But randomly I got this issue on the other. Again I'd normally have more info to help but tedious while touring. On the other hand, touring is when LM gets the hardest workout.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •