"Unknown problem" with Eniro and Fonecta maps

Started by David, July 18, 2011, 20:19:22

David

Hi,

I extended the number of online maps Locus can use by installing "Locus - Addon map" application.
While using maps sources such as Eniro and Fonecta (useful for topo information of Nordic countries), I got the following problem:
after a while, tiles cannot be downloaded anymore and for each tile the text "unknown problem" is shown.

The strange thing is that sometimes it works. I tried yesterday with Eniro maps, worked for a while and then the problem arised. Today I tried again, worked for few minutes, then the problem came back again.

What could be the problem?
Thank you.
David
  •  

Menion

I'll look at it tomorrow but expect that this is some sort of protection on map servers
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

David

Hi menion,

I made a test. I have been running Locus and Oruxmaps at the same time with Eniro maps as source.  Oruxmaps does not have any problem in displaying that map. I switched to Locus, browsed the map here and there until the "unknown problem" text appeared, then switched to Oruxmaps and it was keeping working normally. If the map server protection were based on the IP address nodes requesting too much data, then also Oruxmaps should stop working, so it may be a bug or something.

Hope you will have time to check. Eniro maps are the most accurate for the Scandinavian region (in my opinion).

Thanks,
David
  •  

Menion

so server is returning this (see attachement). I don't know if there is something that should help to explain (in html page in attachment), but I think this is some sort of protection.
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion
I have similar experiences about Eniro, it loads a few tiles and then nothing.

Is it possible to define custom maps so that there are several server ip-addresses?
I think eniro has at least 4 servers map01.eniro.com, map02.eniro.com, map03.eniro.com, map04.eniro.com.
I have seen similar parallel servers on many sites (Google for example)
  •  

David

Quote from: "menion"so server is returning this (see attachement). I don't know if there is something that should help to explain (in html page in attachment), but I think this is some sort of protection.

When accessing www.eniro.se via a mobile phone, the webserver redirects towards the mobile version, which looks exactly like that page. I do not know how locus is fetching the tiles, but if it is via HTML protocol, can it be the eniro webserver recognises the user-agent of a browser in a mobile phone and redirects to that webpage rather than serving the map download request? If that is the case, it should make the map download request using the user-agent set as desktop. Does it make sense?

Davide
  •  

Menion

yes this is possible, but:

1) it's weird that it download few tiles and after some time it ...
2) I had problems with wrong user agent on OSM servers, so now ... more http://locus.asamm.cz/?p=400 (point1.) and I'll not do any faking of user agent. Sorry
  •  

durian

I have the same problem with Eniro, works on my macbook, not on Locus. I checked the the URL in the XML file, and compared with another programs' XML, there is a difference. In Locus (via add on which adds maps), the URL is http://map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/...png, while in the other one it is: http://map.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/...png.

Maybe it is something to try.

-peter

Edit: I tried, didn't help, still "unknown problem"....
  •  

jusc

Please try this:
Replace all in LocusmapsOnlinecustomproviders.xml on your sdcard . Backup your providers.xml at first ;)

map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
with
map01.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

you can try to replace map01 with map02, map03, or map04 too, if you want
p. e. =
map02.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
map03.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
or
map04.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

Remember, that there are 4 lines to replace for
map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/aerial/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/hybrid/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/nautical/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

please let me know if that works or not

J.
Regards J.
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion

I allready suggested an automatic way to distribute mapserver load. If there are several servers, would it be possible to add a filed, that specifies them and then use them in rotation.

For example,I would like to be able to specify:
 map{01,02,03,04}.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

I'm not sure if this works with Eniro, but I bet the providers would appreciate it.
  •  

Menion

I know I know, I'll try to add something similar to Locus
  •  

David

Quote from: "jusc"Please try this:
Replace all in LocusmapsOnlinecustomproviders.xml on your sdcard . Backup your providers.xml at first ;)

with
map01.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

you can try to replace map01 with map02, map03, or map04 too, if you want
p. e. =
map02.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
map03.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
or
map04.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

Remember, that there are 4 lines to replace for
map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/aerial/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/hybrid/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
map01.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/nautical/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

please let me know if that works or not

J.

Hi Jusc,

I tried, same problem. I tried map03 , map04, also map.eniro.com.

I kept testing also with Oruxmaps and that one works. However, it seems to me that it slows down and eventually the tile shows in Oruxmaps, perhaps it is like it keeps retrying until the tile is downloaded. This is just speculation, I have no way to check it.

I checked the onlinemapsources.xml file that Oruxmaps is using. The eniro entry looks like:
<onlinemapsource uid="20">
<name>Eniro (SE, NO, FI)</name>
<url><![CDATA[http://map.eniro.com/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{$z}/{$x}/{$y}.png]]></url>
<minzoom>1</minzoom>
<maxzoom>19</maxzoom>
<projection>MERCATORESFERICA</projection>
<servers></servers>
<httpparam name=""></httpparam>
<xop></xop>
<yop>0</yop>
<zop></zop>
<qop></qop>
</onlinemapsource>

I do not know if this info can be useful...
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "stebu"Hi Menion

I allready suggested an automatic way to distribute mapserver load. If there are several servers, would it be possible to add a filed, that specifies them and then use them in rotation.

For example,I would like to be able to specify:
 map{01,02,03,04}.eniro.no/geowebcache/service/tms1.0.0/map/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

I'm not sure if this works with Eniro, but I bet the providers would appreciate it.

so added, will be available in next version. Manual page for adding custom maps is updated

about Eniro problem, I was playing with it now and no problem so it looks it's really occasional. Anyway if you set whatever you want into config file, USER AGENT will be still "Locus/1.9.4 (Linux; U; Android; en-us)", so if this cause problem, there is nothing you can do with this. I will not change this. If there will be any problem with Locus on some map server, I need to allow owner contact me.
  •