[APP] - version 4.13.+ ( 12/2022 )

Started by Menion, December 06, 2022, 08:07:14

michaelbechtold

Best would be to separate the backups into two zip files. One for the tracks DB, the other for all the rest. The second one is tiny in comparison, could be sent even via mobile internet. tracks.db is a killer after some years of activity.

freischneider

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 22, 2022, 12:49:27Best would be to separate the backups into two zip files. One for the tracks DB, the other for all the rest. The second one is tiny in comparison, could be sent even via mobile internet. tracks.db is a killer after some years of activity.
This makes little sense, if I only want to save settings I can do it manually.
Automatically you always want to have tracks and points safe. And then it does not matter if the small settings are there.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Guys I had some ideas about backups, you may want to look. To summarize:

1.: Provide 3 backup sets: Everything, Settings only, User defined

2.: Allow to use any of those in Auto backup

https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30245-allow-settings-only-backup-as-auto-backup-better-design-of-backup

Auto backup is currently unattractive for me because of tracks.db - I don't ever need it to be included into auto backup at all.

Not using sync, as long as it doesn't allow to exclude specific folders (I have little hope here.)

I agree with Freischneider, splitting zip does not feel good for me. Keep it simple.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

CabrioTourer

Would be nice to not forget the no go area file in the backup.
I know it's in a completely different folder. But inside the backup it can be moved to somewhere else.

Track.db without no go area file might result in a different track after recalculation.

Andrew Heard

So it doesn't get backed up at present? A pity there is no way to edit the no-go points/ handle them as any other user point.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 23, 2022, 01:50:28So it doesn't get backed up at present? A pity there is no way to edit the no-go points/ handle them as any other user point.
It was once addressed so that the No-Go points in the points folder get its own folder. There are also 2 suggestions on the subject.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/add-special-folder-for-managing-all-nogo-points
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/add-waypointmap-no-go-points
With this solution, they would then also be secured. 

CabrioTourer

Is there a way to disable automatic App lock?
 You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 23, 2022, 01:50:28So it doesn't get backed up at present?

It's even worse. Its not backed up nor synced via cloud.
Since the introduction of secured memory access in Android, a rooted phone is needed to manual save them.
How many Locus users have a rooted phone and enough knowledge to do it?

•  

arnor

I can remember from earlier times that it was possible to indicate the maximum size when creating a zip file.  If the zip file was larger, it was automatically divided into several files with a serial number.  Is this an option to send smaller zip files?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: CabrioTourer on December 23, 2022, 09:24:43Is there a way to disable automatic App lock?

I guess it's this one.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

backups & its content ... seems I'll have to look at it and rewrite a backup setup completely. I believe that the best solution should be an option to setup the content of automatic and manual backups.

NoGo points ... I know I know. Another old story  ::)

And for all ... current, sometimes not working backups > will be fixed in next bug-fix version (in next few days), sorry for this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

CabrioTourer

Quote from: Tapio on December 23, 2022, 18:09:10
Quote from: CabrioTourer on December 23, 2022, 09:24:43Is there a way to disable automatic App lock?

I guess it's this one.

Perfect, works.
Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on December 23, 2022, 20:00:10will be fixed in next bug-fix version (in next few days), sorry for this.
@menion & LM team - I hope you find time too for a well deserved rest away from LM. You guys rock. It was great to read the LM "usage statistics" in the latest news too. Best wishes from Down Under.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

lor74cas

Posted some time ago, not fixed.

Hello,
HEIC format is not supported in lopoints for adding user photos.

Heic photos are not geotagged like the jpg on the map.

There is no support for this image format in the app, but many devices are now using it in less space with better quality.

Do I have to choose, go back to jpg or convert the images I need from heic to jpg every time?
I hope locus can handle heic format soon.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

freischneider

Since the last beta, the bottom bar is no longer at the bottom. There is a border with map visible.
  •