New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
6. 12. 2022 - Locus 4.13.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

@menion - suggest change "Smoothens GPS location.." to "Smooth GPS location..". Apparently "smoothen" is a word, but uncommon.

For track recording auto-pause - does the "Google Services assisted location" setting need to be turned on? I'm just wondering why I've never seen auto-pause working.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

In the new version and after upgrading to Android 13, the recording after AutoPause was restored after seven minutes. 7:37-7:44. See SCR.
You cannot view this attachment.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Note. The recovery of the record takes a while and the record creates gaps, see SCR above. It would be good to change it and follow the record to the site of the pause.
  •  

jonny.blue

Quoteadd: (SILVER) option to download geocaches without the Geocaching4Locus add-on

Where can I activate this option?
  •  

balloni55

Quoteauthor=jonny.blue link=msg=69812 date=1670475989]

Where can I activate this option?

Geocaching tools/Search for geocaches
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: jonny.blue

balloni55

Quotechg: changed colors in dark theme
hello menion,
and what´s about the 3dot button?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

UI - I think SET/Recalculate position should be swapped. Typically, bottom right has OK (what you could say "Set" is, and it was there before). In my quick workflow I almost end up recalculating all when I just wanted to change routing profile.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

slarti76

Quote from: Tapio on December 09, 2022, 06:48:48UI - I think SET/Recalculate position should be swapped. Typically, bottom right has OK (what you could say "Set" is, and it was there before). In my quick workflow I almost end up recalculating all when I just wanted to change routing profile.
My thought precisely. "Special operation" in the lower right is a recipe for disaster ;)

balloni55

Quotenew settings menu for backup & filesystem
where can I set that no router profiles are stored in the backup?
Until now a backup had the size of about 70MB for me, now this is 10 times larger :o
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: balloni55 on December 11, 2022, 19:02:33where can I set that no router profiles are stored in the backup?
Until now a backup had the size of about 70MB for me, now this is 10 times larger :o
Then there must be something wrong in your sourcs folders, you should have a look
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: balloni55 on December 11, 2022, 19:02:33
Quotenew settings menu for backup & filesystem
where can I set that no router profiles are stored in the backup?
@balloni55 it is unlikely to be router profile files (.BRF ASCII) - I have 23 of them in Locus/router/profiles2 & total size is only 424KB (uncompressed). More likely to be router segment files (.rd5 binary) - mine are 10's of MB each & I now confirm they are backed up, which on closer inspection also explains why my last backup is larger - thanks for noticing & reporting! This may need further consideration @menion? Locus/mapsVector/themes are backed up - good, but I consider router segment files to be in same basket as map files, and shouldn't be backed up in "Back up all" process - unless there are checkboxes for user to explicitly say what they want to backup.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

If I fade in a lot of tracks (about 3000) at once, it is now much faster. I think twice as fast or more.
Super
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

balloni55

maybe I expressed myself wrong, but the folder name in the backup is "router".
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

freischneider

Quote from: balloni55 on December 12, 2022, 07:26:41maybe I expressed myself wrong, but the folder name in the backup is "router".
I think so that these files should not be backed up. And if they are, you should be able to deselect them in the Backup Manager. You can always get these files on the net. Routing profiles are partly very individual and should be backed up. There are already several users with the problem. https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30170-backup-manager
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)