[MAPS] - Vector maps

Started by Menion, July 17, 2011, 09:49:21

Menion

vector maps wasn't challenge. I only took already created library for vector map rendering. If I should do this by myself, it will take more then year of work to bring it to current state. Vector maps improvements will be only thanks to MapsForge library. I'll not personally do any main extension. Locus is going to be project for small company and not for one person so I'll now more focus on improving all functions then on adding new ... that's all I wanna say :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

mmcyklo

it is realy a shame:)

BTW I am not only one person keen on having possibility to use img. in Locus, I am sure that there are hundreds / thousands pers:)
  •  

neserg

Hi, Menion!
Why there is no Russia in the list of vector maps?
It is especially offensively because I have bought vector addon before recieved a mail with attachment...
  •  

Menion

Hello,
 sorry for that. Russia map together with some other areas are still missing in downloading list. I have some problem on server with generating of these areas but I promise, it will be solved till end of September!
  •  

buergi

Mapforge themselves have some (I guess weekly updated) maps of some European countries on their server.
ftp://ftp.mapsforge.org/maps/europe/
  •  

Matthy_47

Quote from: "mmcyklo"it is realy a shame:)

BTW I am not only one person keen on having possibility to use img. in Locus, I am sure that there are hundreds / thousands pers:)

Oh yes, like me! Or is there a possibility to convert IMG. and then load it to locus? Thanks Matthias
  •  

Menion

I don't know. To use these maps in some way, I think they firstly need to be converted to OSM xml format (or already compressed bz2 or pbf). So it exist any tool for this, they can probably be converted to map format that use locus
  •  

psuk

Nebylo by mozne mit vektorove mapy umistene kdekoliv na karte a ne striktne v urcene slozce?
  •  

Menion

CZ: no možné je vše ale zatím to nikdo nevyžadoval ... k čemu to?
  •  

psuk

Nedari se mi app nainstalovat na externi kartu (CM7) a chtel bych tam mit alespon mapy :)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "supermaz"here you can download my generated ...

)

Hi supermaz,

can you please explain, how you generated the Germany map without these failures? Maybe someone (me?) could generate an updated map.  :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance
Regards J.
  •  

supermaz

Quote from: "jusc"
Quote from: "supermaz"here you can download my generated ...

)

Hi supermaz,

can you please explain, how you generated the Germany map without these failures? Maybe someone (me?) could generate an updated map.  :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I just followed the tutorial for the osmosis mapsforge mapfile-writer plugin: http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/wiki ... terOsmosis

I downloaded the PBF file from geofabrick and converted it using osmosis:

osmosis-0.39/bin/osmosis --rb file=germany.osm.pbf --mapfile-writer file=germany.map type=hd
Make sure to modify the osmosis bin file and set the correct java opts:

here is my line:

JAVACMD_OPTIONS="-Xmx8000m -Djava.io.tmpdir=/daten/temp/tmp
  •  

jusc

Ok thanks, looks that you use a linux system?  That makes it a little more complicated for Windows users.  :D
Which? And which Hardware are you using?
Regards J.
  •  

supermaz

Yes, nearly all of my PCs are Linux based. To be more precise, this was running on my server with Core i5 3,6 Ghz and 16GB RAM.

But it shouldn't be a big difference on windows. But maybe you need a 64Bit system because of memory limitations.
  •  

Menion

64Bit system is surely needed for bigger maps, but small can be also converted with HD parameter. Anyway I'm facing many problems with MapsForge map writer. It's reaaaaaly very very buggy!

Many problems have been solved by separating area to small once but one main problem remain and I have still no solution, so I'll try if anyone from you don't solve it with some method.

Problem is causing me Netherland! It's going to be really big and map-writter throw exception when I try to convert it. Separating to north and south part don't help. Is anyone success with some prepared map? or own cut from planet file? I'll probably today or tomorrow release version that also works with new generated map file but I have to place there old netherland file because of this issue
  •